Question For Everyone....

Help Support Steer Planet:

Is there such a thing as "bigfoot" ?

• Total voters

farmboy

So iwas watching a show last night about Ohios "Grassman" aka bigfoot and thought i would ask everyones thoughts on this.... do you think  there is such a thing as big foot.

i for one am a beleiver  O0

red

what about the Gahanna lion? people kept saying they saw a lion near Columbus, Ohio.

Red

kanshow

What do they call that bigfoot in Oklahoma?    I'm having a CRS moment.   

What about Mountain Lions/cougars in Kansas - I say there is enough proof that we have them.

ELBEE

I I I I  belieeeeeeeeve,

There are those amongst us that will spare no expense or effort to play practical jokes!

Does Myrtle, the late wife of the farmer I bought the place from still live in our house ???? My little girl's nickname is Myrtle :eek:!

knabe

kanshow said:
What do they call that bigfoot in Oklahoma?    I'm having a CRS moment.   

What about Mountain Lions/cougars in Kansas - I say there is enough proof that we have them.

my uncle who lives southwest of wichita has seen mountain lions for about 10 years now.

garybob

stumpy said:
There was a mountain lion shot in KS this year.
Just like Arkansas, i think that KS has a wild population of Mountain Lions, that are descended from ones bought as pets, and, when they became problems, were turned loose. It has worked better than any Federal program to re-introduce them to the Ozarks and Ouachitas. However, our Game & Fish Commision DENIES the validity of their existence, despite legitimate proof ( Photos, ''scat'', footprints, etc).

GB

linnettejane

they say there is/was a mothman in point pleasant, wv...have to drive across the bridge that collapsed every time i go get feed...made an interesting movie anyway...

inthebarnagain

red said:
what about the Gahanna lion? people kept saying they saw a lion near Columbus, Ohio.

Red

Oh Red, that Gahanna lion is probably just my cousin, gets lazy and doesn't shave or cut his hair, very scary!!!!

In reality though, about 12 years ago when I was working for a veterinarian (Southern Indiana), he came in one morning with pictures of a cow that he had a farm call for the night before.  She had been attacked by a cougar, the game warden tracked the animal to woods, had the books that showed by tracks what the animal was etc.  A couple of days later a pig ready to be butchered was pulled out of a pen and killed.  The son and a few buddies of the cattle peoples family went hunting a few days later and we never heard another word about the cougar, and the news NEVER reported it. 

Wonder what they would have done had it attacked and killed a person, then maybe it would have been prudent to report a loose mountain lion/cougar.

Telos

Thought I saw a Cougar or maybe a Mountain Lion in my backyard the other night, but found out it was just a big Tom Cat. I live in the middle of Dallas, TX.. I think it bred my momma feral cat because her kittens look just like Daddy. I'll try and get pictures. One of the kittens is bigger footed then the others but I don't think it's the Bigfoot you're talking about. What am I going to do with all these kittens? My feed (cat food) bill is getting expensive.

doubled

Yeah I believe -why not

Also we sure do have mountain lions here in Iowa for sure- have seen enough pretty believeable pictures of them

Turkey Creek Ranch

From the TV shows ive seen about all of it, i believe it. As far as mountain lions. We have atleast one pasture that has bobcats and mountain lions in and around it.

JbarL

zach said:
grassman = bigfoot

grassman =  primate....more mentions of bigfoot stuff than grassman stuff when i was growin up  and livin round there...thought they over exageratted the " remote , ruggedness of the area"....( salt fork state park )...its pretty vast is size...but the terrain really isnt that "rugged".....alot of caves and steep hollows  in that part of the state but probally very few places a good boy scout troop coiudnt get to witout some supervision.....loved the helicopter.....thought it would be neat to " watch " a coon hunt with the infrared video.....watch the dogs run.....handlers work......and see where the critters are givin you  the slip... ;)......jbarl

aj

Here in our area mountain lion reports have surfaced. I think the lions are coming down out of the mountains and following the deer population out into the plains. I think they are more passing through but simply following the food supply In the 1950's deer was scarce here... but because of irrigation...mainly center pivots deer are really getting thick here now.

fluffer

I had a cow one time that was killed by something pretty big.  It broke her neck and left some pretty big puncture wounds in her.  There were reports of a Lion on the loose in the area (southern OH) but nothing was ever found.

Mothman- that freeks me out!  My aunt and uncle went down to that part of the state one time and on their way home (at night) a strange light followed them all the way up RT 35

My cousin on the other side of the family swears to this day (he is in his 50's) that a UFO came to his room and the aliens tried to get him to come with them.  <alien>

Ok, so I have a strange family  (lol)......

Fluffer

farmboy

Fluffer - it wasnt a lion, it was a black panther, i have a freind who was out in the feild oen day and saw something black slinkin, he drove up to it and he was driving(gas on the floor) next to it and saw it in clear daylight

showgirl2010

Ya I believe.  Mountain lions....I know we have some behind our house and where my grandparents live..there are bluffs down there.  I have also seen a tan colored something with a bushy tail and still to this day cant figure it out.  I also know there are wolves and evil coyotes that kill calves.  I have also seen with my own eyes a black panther in the local regugee where we make hay.  It was awsome and beautiful...well as long as it stays off our land.

Jamie