? QUESTION ?

Help Support Steer Planet:

showgirl2010

What is the white foam called that is used to make the cattle's hair pop and is just blowed off.  It may not be a foam, but I do know it is white.  Could anyone help it would be much appreciated.

Jamie

BCCC

showgirl2010 said:
What is the white foam called that is used to make the cattle's hair pop and is just blowed off.  It may not be a foam, but I do know it is white.  Could anyone help it would be much appreciated.

Jamie
Cologate Shaving cream? its the old school stuff that we use

ATOZ

Has anybody ever tried putting a spray tip off of a spray can and putting it on shaving cream to spray it on??? Just wondering.

KCK

I think if you did that you would have a hard time getting it to come out. Like with human hair products, the consistancy would not allow it to release from such a small hole. Just my thought, b/c I think of all the styling stuff I use and foam comes in a bigger tip unless it is a random "new, cure all for flat hair" that sprays :-\

Turkey Creek Ranch

There's a dollar general a few blocks from our fair grounds, so we just use the cheap shaving cream. It actually works great lol

showgirl2010

This is the first that I have ever heard about using shaving cream.  What is in it that makes it "Pop"?

Jamie

bcosu

i'm not quite sure what really makes it pop. i have seen, well rather smelled, people who fog with aftershave mix. i think it smells really nice but i'm pretty sure the alcohol in it helps "pop" the hair.

RSC

cbcfarms said:
i'm not quite sure what really makes it pop. i have seen, well rather smelled, people who fog with aftershave mix. i think it smells really nice but i'm pretty sure the alcohol in it helps "pop" the hair.

The person that Groomed Dr. Business in Denver used several different mixes to get the hair to pop.  One of the last things he sprayed wasI believe Williams electric shave.  Not sure how much it costs or what the mix is.  Anyone know how expensive this is and how larg a container you can get it in.

RSC

garett

I googled Williams Electric Shave and I found this:
[flash=200,200]http://www.electricshaverstore.com/get_item_22151_williams-lectric-shave-original-7-oz-hazmat.htm[/flash]

garett

If it is just shaving cream just spray it out of the can then brush and blow. If its more of a liquid then you could use the fogger.

BCCC

I dont think the shaving cream makes it pop its more helps hold the hair when you cant use adhesives. you know how you blow in pink oil? well you do the same with the  shaving cream but try it at home first some you dont "snowflake" the other calves around you.

BCCC

showgirl2010 said:
So what does help the hair Pop? 

Jamie
Achohal will chill the hide and make it stand up, Pink oil, or zoom bloom and a lot of blowing and combing will make it "pop"

linnettejane

showgirl2010 said:
This is the first that I have ever heard about using shaving cream.  What is in it that makes it "Pop"?

Jamie

you hold the tip of the shaving cream can against the tip of your blower and slowly push on the shaving cream buttom while making a sweeping motion with the blower over the calf's body......it will make a snow storm....you want to try and get small, even sized "flakes", not great big clumps.....please practice at home first!!!  as someone mentioned, you can make a real mess getting everything and everyone "creamed".....we then take a rice root brush and comb it in deep into the hair, then blow completely dry!  hair pops right out and holds, not to mention, smells pretty good....you can then use a light coat of final bloom on the body right before going in the ring to add super shine....(this is just for the body of the calf....legs are a whole nother story)

ive used zoom bloom instead of shaving cream before, less messy, pretty much same results except i dont quite think it has the holding power of shaving cream....usually have to use a light adhesive over the body hair with zoom bloom....especially if the hair isnt quite "trained" yet...do not use zoom bloom on legs...

everyone's got a different approach...this is just what we do sometimes

kanshow

Anyone have a particular brand of shaving cream they like?    Seems like the cheap original stuff - colgate? - works the best for us.