Questions for SKF

Help Support Steer Planet:

steermomintx

Hi, I am just wondering in a post about a month ago you said you had a cow breed to Cherry Bomb that should calve around 8/29.  Did she have here calf and what does it look like??  We breed two cows to Cherry Bomb also this year, they will not calve till late September.  I am really excited about these calves hitting the ground and I am just wondering what you thought of your calve.  Thanks, have a great day!! :) :)

SKF

Unforantly our cow is not AI like I thought she was  :'( . She is still very pregnant so I guess our bull bred her after we tried AIing her. As big as she looks I thought for sure the AIing took.  Good luck with your cow!! Please post some pics when your calf is born. I am intrested in seeing how the Cherry Bomb calves look.

steermomintx

SKF said:
Unforantly our cow is not AI like I thought she was  :'( . She is still very pregnant so I guess our bull bred her after we tried AIing her. As big as she looks I thought for sure the AIing took.  Good luck with your cow!! Please post some pics when your calf is born. I am intrested in seeing how the Cherry Bomb calves look.

Sorry about her not taking by AI.  I will post some pictures after they are born.  You know what else is really funny, we have a white shorthorn heifer my daughter is showing that has a birthdate of 10/13/07 that looks exactly like the heifer in your avatar when we first bought her home in March.  We have only had her out twice but she has been Champion overall heifer and Champion Shorthorn Heifer at our county fair.  We were going to take her out again this weekend but the show has been canceled because of Hurricane Ike!!  Well take care and thanks for responding to my post.

justme

I think Red bred to Cherry Bomb before.  Hopefully she'll be back soon and you can ask her.  I think her heifer at the Ohio Beef Expo was out of him a couple years ago if I'm not mistaken

steermomintx

justme said:
I think Red bred to Cherry Bomb before.  Hopefully she'll be back soon and you can ask her.  I think her heifer at the Ohio Beef Expo was out of him a couple years ago if I'm not mistaken
Thanks for the information.  I will have to ask her when she gets back.  I have noticed she has not been posting--everythings okay isn't it??

shortyjock89

Oh, I'm sure Red's ok, just needs some more rest I would bet. Anyhow, Red had an AWESOME Cherry Bomb heifer a couple years back.  From what I remember, the calf was shown in Texas quite a bit and did very well for the family who purchased her.  I was very close to using Cherry Bomb myself, but I just couldn't let myself use a Heat Wave son with all the structure issues they have had.