R&R Transformer 102

Help Support Steer Planet:

Shadow Hill Farm

What do you all think of this new Angus bull? He's a Sitz Upward son. I think he has a lot of potential. I can't wait to hear about calf crop reports out of him. Has anyone seen him in person? He was at Denver on display.

Attachments

• Transformer-Denver_small.jpg
    Transformer-Denver_small.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 308

DKT Angus

He is a cool lookin' dude, couldn't say much about him as I have not seen him. So I wonder the same type of things you do.

bluffcountrycattle

I saw Transformer in Denver...drew as much attention as most of the clubby bred bulls.  He's really good...very powerful, thick butted and lots of rib.  Even being tied for several hours more than other display bulls, he got out and moved well.  I was told by someone that saw him at stud in NE that he looked better there than Denver.  Probably not one to breed to heifers with that much power, but certainly going to be a cow changer.  His dam was I think a past show cow of the year in Canada, and his maternal sister won KC I think.  Outcross Canadian pedigree on the bottom, and sired by the ever popular Upward will make him very marketable!  If you haven't ordered semen yet from Cattle Visions, might call soon as the list is long! 

hamburgman

I like him, would like to know how much bone he has on those hinds though, but he looks great otherwise.

Shadow Hill Farm

bluffcountrycattle said:
I saw Transformer in Denver...drew as much attention as most of the clubby bred bulls.  He's really good...very powerful, thick butted and lots of rib.  Even being tied for several hours more than other display bulls, he got out and moved well.  I was told by someone that saw him at stud in NE that he looked better there than Denver.  Probably not one to breed to heifers with that much power, but certainly going to be a cow changer.  His dam was I think a past show cow of the year in Canada, and his maternal sister won KC I think.  Outcross Canadian pedigree on the bottom, and sired by the ever popular Upward will make him very marketable!  If you haven't ordered semen yet from Cattle Visions, might call soon as the list is long! 

Thanks for the info! Definitely helps and going to keep watch on this one. Don't know if we will use him this year or not but we have a couple of cows I would like to try him on but guess it depends on if CV will have enough semen when we we're ready.

rtmcc

There is a couple pretty good cowboys involved in him!  Bobby May and Marvin Kramer wouldn't have their name on him if they thought he was just a flash in the pan.  That alone is enough to get me to try a little on our Angus cows.

Ron
<cowboy>

Shadow Hill Farm

Aussie said:
rtmcc said:
There is a couple pretty good cowboys involved in him!  Bobby May and Marvin Kramer wouldn't have their name on him if they thought he was just a flash in the pan.  That alone is enough to get me to try a little on our Angus cows.

Ron
<cowboy>

Aussie I really like his dam too! Ron, I agree. I had this years sire's picked out all ready but I really like what I see here and I'm hoping we can get semen on him when we go to bred. I have 2 that would love to try him out on. The one thing I wish was that he was a calving ease sire, would love to try him on our heifers as well. That's out of the question. LOL  Thanks for all the input everyone!!  <beer>

bluffcountrycattle

hamburgman said:
I like him, would like to know how much bone he has on those hinds though, but he looks great otherwise.
For an Angus bull, he has plenty of bone...not to worry! ;D

CAB

Does anybody know where this bull is being collected? Would possibly try to go look @ him if he's not too far away.

Shadow Hill Farm

CAB said:
Does anybody know where this bull is being collected? Would possibly try to go look @ him if he's not too far away.

CAB I'm not sure but I do know that Cattle Visions is the one that has him advertised. If you happen to go please let me know what you think of him in person.

bluffcountrycattle

CAB said:
CAB...I think he's out at Western Sire Service in NE, but call to make sure he's still there.  Was told he looked better at stud than out in Denver.  See what you think, and report back!  ;D

CAB

bluffcountrycattle said:
CAB said:
CAB...I think he's out at Western Sire Service in NE, but call to make sure he's still there.  Was told he looked better at stud than out in Denver.  See what you think, and report back!   ;D
Is that the stud located close to McCook, Ne.?

Latest posts