radio rainfall reports

Help Support Steer Planet:

aj

We are located in a rural area.Our local radio stations have a tradition that when it rains, they report rainfall reports of the area farmers. They will read off say 15 farmers rainfall reports. I got to thinking what someone from New York city when they are traveling through on interstate thinks. They must think they are in the twilight zone or something when the they hear Jon Doe had an inch 20 last night....and then the Sunday gospel show comes on. Any other stations do this in other areas?  Its almost like the area celebrates with rainfall reports.

knabe

in my area, and the san juaquin valley, its musica romantica.

on wave television, fully 3/4ths of the stations are spanish.  the ones that are not that i get are nbc, cbs sometimes, fox and one public outreach station.  on saturdays and sundays, it's latin eyes and other spanish programming till football.

did you see the us soccer team get booed again?

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/7680562/Beating-Mexico-is-no-longer-enough-for-the-U.S.

my favorite in small town usa was listening to sheena easton an "my baby takes the morning train....."  she has a great voice but ruined her career with that whole funky thing.  she also did a good job with the james bond song  which IS my favorite  for yours only.  there's just something about a voice with range.

red

We have a report for monthly rainfalls in our paper based on townships. Since we've gotten over 2" just in the last day, we are water logged! Schools have been canceled or delayed because of standing water. The big town of LaRue has been evacuated in some places w/ rowboats!  :p

Red

justme

No rain, just 9" of snow the other day.  One factory closed for 2 days because of the weight of snow on there roof.  They turned the furnaces all the way up and are trying to melt it.  Man that had to be expensive.

Stihlpro

Nothing like that here in WA.  We have been getting tons of precipitation though!  10 inches plus (rain) in the last week.  The Mt Pass recieved 72 inches (not a typo) of snow last week alone with another 18 inches predicted today!  They're setting all kinds of records.

showgirl2010

In my area  we had wintery mix on thursday and friday and mon. tues. and wed. we had rain.  Our ground is definitly water logged.  I am just giving thanks the sun has been out for the past few days and helped the drying process.

Jamie

knabe

aj said:
Yikes, Stihlpro. Thats likely to wash out another Kennewick man.

hmm, not all disease transfer was one way, this is only one example, though this is sketchy "proof".  there are a couple of other examples.

Head lice taken from 1,000-year-old mummies in Peru support the idea that the little creatures accompanied humans on their first migration out of Africa, 100,000 years ago, researchers reported on Wednesday.

Type A lice include both head and body lice. The bloodsucking creatures can only live on humans—they die very quickly away from their hosts and cannot survive on any other animals.

They can also transmit diseases such as typhus. Reed believes some mummified lice will carry the rickettsia bacteria that transmit typhus, and gene sequencing of these bacteria can also help trace routes of human migration.

It is also possible to test the theory that typhus was a New World disease carried back to Europe by explorers, Reed said.

Latest posts