Rain

Help Support Steer Planet:

SWMO

Depending on where you happen to be it has rained between 4-7 inches in 24 hours in SW Mo, Oklahoma, Kansas.  We had about 6 1/2 inches at our house.

Looks like Texas got quite alot of rain also?  Hows the drought down there?

JSchroeder

In early September we were jetting wells to get water to remote pastures.  Now all of our tanks are overflowing.

There are spots that are still hurting badly (Corpus Christi area) but in general things are as wet and green as they get.  It's just like the 1997 El Nino where are drought was broken by a wet fall.

Now just get the darn pig flu out of here...

SlickTxMaine

The Texas drought is improving slowly, but improving, which is the main thing.  We are getting drenched as I type!! (clapping).  Thanks for asking!

LN

Much improved. Our calving season began when it started raining so the timing couldn't have been any better. It's nice to look outside and see green everywhere.

Shady Lane

wow, 4-7 inches in a night.

That's quite a rain, morethan we have had here in over a year.

Except now it's started to snow and is snapping cold.

<sigh>

Joe Boy

Last Month I got 1.3 inches of rain and I got .85 out of this.  We still have no water in our tanks.  Some people in the same county have full tanks.  Last night some got unto 4 inches, most were 2-3 but in the north west part of Wilbarger county we got .75 to .85 and northeast got 1.8.  We are so thankful for what we got.  Lake Kemp and the lakes toward Wichita Falls were still low before last night and I have not heard if the water table came up.  Quanah only got a .1.  Snyder did not get a drop.  It will take a long time to catch up.  The water table is low for many water wells and irrigation wells.  We hope for a wet winter and early spring so we can gain on the drought.

I did have some wheat planted.  Will plant some more on Monday and might replant some that dried out on me in the tight ground.

I pray that everyone who needs rain will get some..... it is a blessing..... and we hope no one got too much...

steermomintx

Joe Boy said:
Last Month I got 1.3 inches of rain and I got .85 out of this.  We still have no water in our tanks.  Some people in the same county have full tanks.  Last night some got unto 4 inches, most were 2-3 but in the north west part of Wilbarger county we got .75 to .85 and northeast got 1.8.  We are so thankful for what we got.  Lake Kemp and the lakes toward Wichita Falls were still low before last night and I have not heard if the water table came up.  Quanah only got a .1.  Snyder did not get a drop.  It will take a long time to catch up.   The water table is low for many water wells and irrigation wells.  We hope for a wet winter and early spring so we can gain on the drought.

I did have some wheat planted.  Will plant some more on Monday and might replant some that dried out on me in the tight ground.

I pray that everyone who needs rain will get some..... it is a blessing..... and we hope no one got too much...
We have been getting quit a bit of rain and our tanks our full.  I know how you feel it is awful, we were in really bad shape before this rain. I will be praying that you get some rain!!

txshowlamb

Here in TX we are getting some well needed rain and Im sure even threw all the mud and wetness every Texan has a smile  <party> after this summer and the horrible drought keep the rain coming! The pastures are actually starting to turn green! For those still stuck in a drought keep praying for rain and sooner or later you will get it down here thats all we could do was pray,pray and pray even more!
Britt