Rain

Help Support Steer Planet:

Joe Boy

We got a little cotton shower finally.  My wheat had turned blue and about two acres had turned brown due to lack of moisture.  I got 3.8 inches of real slow rain.  In Hardeman County where I have heifers and a bull on wheat I got 4.8 inches.  At Quanah some got 8 inches.  South of Vernon they got 7 inches.  Lockett got 5.25 inches.  My Uncle in Weatherford, OK only got a 1/4 inch but he said he appreciated it.  I never saw any lightning or heard any thunder and that is really unusual.  We are blessed.

ZNT

Joe Boy said:
We got a little cotton shower finally.  My wheat had turned blue and about two acres had turned brown due to lack of moisture.  I got 3.8 inches of real slow rain.  In Hardeman County where I have heifers and a bull on wheat I got 4.8 inches.  At Quanah some got 8 inches.  South of Vernon they got 7 inches.  Lockett got 5.25 inches.  My Uncle in Weatherford, OK only got a 1/4 inch but he said he appreciated it.  I never saw any lightning or heard any thunder and that is really unusual.  We are blessed.

Rain makes Grain!  And grass too! 

We had around 3" over the last 2 days, and it all fell nice and slow, so it should replenish our topsoil moisture pretty well.

shortdawg

We are bad dry too ! We just got all our watermelons planted this week and they need a drink for sure.

KCK

The past three or four days might have saved some of the wheat crop in Oklahoma. Reports of over 4 inches in the southwestern region, which was getting into a fearful stress stage, are very exciting. The rain never came hard or harmful, just soft, steady and creating a great napping atmosphere! HA. Our rain gauge didn't register hardly any at all b/c of the slow and steady pace. The ponds got some of the water but not as much as they would have but the pastures and fields look great.

It will move East, slowly but surely! I will hope and wish it get to WV, okay? If you are on facebook, become a fan of the Oklahoma Wheat Commission and let us know how things are around the world.