Rainmaker

Help Support Steer Planet:

kane1598

This is a bull that Im confused on! Whats everyones thought on his calves and what is he working on??

MYT Farms

I have a calf that came out of a Mossy Oak cow. Bought from a local guy. First calf heifer, and he was a little small at sale time, but he weighed in at 917# on March 13. Plenty of top, wide based and thick ended, but his front end is rough. Bold shouldered, really toes out, and on a trimming schedule to try and get his joints to straighten back out a little. Another Rainmaker from the same breeder is cool, and thick as can be, but is a complete cripple. So I guess as far as muscle and look, they are pretty darn good, but I'd watch the structure.

ATM OH

Had two that I am really happy with.  A heifer out of a Heat Seeker cow that is really hairy and nice structure.  Also have a steer out of the All About You cow in my avatar that is the same way.  Not sure how they will grow, but they are only one month old.  Both turned out to be solid black and I was surprised.

JFSC

We had one bull and one heifer. Sold the bull as a show steer. He was pretty good! And we will be keeping the heifer. She is pretty nice too.

MFJ338

Had  a  real nice hfr out of a Heat Wave cow. I was really worried about the bw but it came out at 88lbs. She is blue roan, very complete hfr.

jjhawkeye

I bought the mother of Rainmaker at the Drury dispersal sale this spring, she is due to calf in a couple weeks to Manchild or his cleanup bull, very excited.  The owner said its the best cow he has ever had,  tremendous looking cow at 10 years old.

ATM OH

Any pictures of Rainmaker's mother that you purchased? Or a link to her picture in the sale catalog?

jjhawkeye

Thanks,  yes I am thinking about flushing her, the previous owner had never flushed her but told me she being that good should be flushed, I will let you know or post later.  I also bought this spring the mother of Alibi who is due to Heat wave soon, very excited about, I bought her at the Treinen- Frye sale.  She is a very consistant cow which has sold four calves that brought over 20,000 each, she is Maine x Double Stuff.