Ramrod progeny pictures for Redbulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

turning grass into beef

Redbulls: I got around to taking some pictures this week.  Taking pictures of yearlings on pasture takes more patience than what I've got.  I will apologize in advance for the quality of the pictures.  I don't know why, but calves seem to be much more cooperative. 
The first picture is the lastest picture that we have of Ramrod.
The yearling heifers were all born last April.  They look like they will make thick, deep, easy fleshing cows, but time will tell.
The calves were all born this April.
According to the size of my picture files it look like I can only attach 2 pictures per post.  I have never done this before so here goes nothing.

Attachments

• Ramrod3.JPG
    Ramrod3.JPG
    805.4 KB · Views: 269
  • AEN 44W.JPG
    AEN 44W.JPG
    816.2 KB · Views: 215

Okotoks

I like 12X, who is his dam?
Are you still using Ramrod's full brother Sequel?

RedBulls

Thanks TGIB. I expected them to be good and I am sure not disappointed! Like Trevor said "masculine bulls and feminine heifers"! I will be in touch. Thanks again!

turning grass into beef

Okotoks: Here is the dam of 12X.  She is a Saskvalley Ultra 12J Daughter.  Picture was taken this spring.
No, we are not using Saskvalley Sequel 59S anymore.  He came up lame just before breeding season this year.  So after the vet told what was involved in helping the injury heal we shipped him.

Attachments

• AEN 50R.JPG
    AEN 50R.JPG
    751 KB · Views: 273

coyote

What did the mother of our bull, Saskvalley Tradition have this year? She is sure a good looking cow.

turning grass into beef

Coyote;  Here is this year's calf off 83N, sired by Saskvalley Sequel 59S.  Her frame is not as big as I would have expected, but she is still deep and thick.

Attachments

• AEN 278X.JPG
    AEN 278X.JPG
    830.1 KB · Views: 212

garybob

turning grass into beef said:
Okotoks: Here is the dam of 12X.  She is a Saskvalley Ultra 12J Daughter.  Picture was taken this spring.
No, we are not using Saskvalley Sequel 59S anymore.  He came up lame just before breeding season this year.  So after the vet told what was involved in helping the injury heal we shipped him.
what is her weight, and hip height? She is phenotypically,the right mix of both the "front pasture" and "back 80". I like her udder, and her overall balance.

GB

turning grass into beef

Garybob;  I can't remember the last time we measured the hip height on a female.  It's probably been a few decades.  Thus I don't know what her hip height would be.  Her weight in the body condition shown in the photo would probably be 1300 - 1400 lbs.  She is probably slightly smaller than the average purebred cow in our herd.
76W and 12X are both out of Saskvalley Ultra 12J daughter's.  She is my brother's cow so it's up to him which breeding pasture he puts her in.