RB 8W

Help Support Steer Planet:

Telos

Don't really know much about him other then he is in some high profile pedigrees and usually in the 4-8th generation back. You'll find him in Hardcores's and Money Man's pedigree both on the maternal side. His numbers suggest he was a larger frame bull. He goes back to Epinal, Beleau and some fairly outcross stuff. He is void of Cunia. Major's owned him and perhaps you might get some info through them.

Fullblood. Did you use any Darco? If so , do you have anything by him or even close up in a pedigree? Also is the cow in your avatar still producing? I'm familiar with 290t and know that was a very productive cow.

fullblood

Zoe will calve in June she is a 4 year old .don't have any darco semen have not found semen on him ? i have a little Rb 8W  just was not sure how to use on fullblood's

justme

Bob and Colleen Majors owned him.  He produced SUPER functional females.  Everytime I'm out there I try to find heifers with him in his pedigrees.

vcsf

Here is a scan from a 20 year old non glossy black and white magazine.  Not the greatest but gives you an idea of what he looked like.

Attachments

• rb8w.jpg
    rb8w.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 187

Telos

vcfs, I have a lot of respect for breeders who keep these images of cattle from the past. It's important to see what's in our genetic pool and to see how far we've come in our programs. I use to have so much collected that one day I cleaned house and threw everything away. To this day, I regret doing that.

That's a nice patterned fullblood with a stlylish look but a bit too horsey for most operations today. You can see why some of these black cattle that go back to him have a good look. I think on some very moderate to smaller framed cows he would add some style and balance, though. Really like his flat bone and softer pastern. JMO.

ZNT

We had some RB 8W daughters from Majors, and loved them.  I think on some smaller frame Angus, or low % Maine cows, he would work great.