Really people, get a life (Not cattle related)

Help Support Steer Planet:

BTDT

For all those that are raising holy cane about their Christmas gifts being late due to UPS and FedEx....
Get a life. It is not UPS and FedEx's fault you procrastinated and ordered late, expecting people to work Christmas Eve just because YOU ordered late.  In fact, you should be THANKING UPS and FedEx, because not only did they EXTEND Christmas for you and your "loved ones" (who you apparently think you have to buy their love) but they TRIED to teach you the REAL meaning of Christmas (and that IS NOT gift from walmart).  Instead of whining about the missing presents during Christmas morning, you should have been enjoying your "loved ones" company and appreciating all the joys, comforts and freedoms of living in this country. You could have went and volunteered at a charity serving food to the less fortunate, or attended church to celebrate the fact that someone DIED for you to feel sorry for yourself because you "gift's" didn't arrive in time. 
Do you really think those delivery men WANT to work Christmas Eve to save your sorry butt because you procrastinated? I am sure every single one of you complainers were at home on Christmas Eve, enjoying friends and family while you expected and even DEMANDED someone else sacrifice their family time for YOU. How selfish.

So get a life, stop complaining, and be appreciative of the fact you were able to AFFORD to buy gifts to try and convince your "loved ones" that they love you.  Stop it. Just stop it.

(Sorry for the rant, but for the love of God, I am sick of hearing these people complaining.)

obie105

I agree! People spend way to much on gifts. I had a late gift arrival for my dad but like we talked about were adults and its not that big of deal. We made Christmas this year in our house all about our son who is almost 2. My husband and I had so much fun with him and his gifts. We pry spoiled him a little too much lol. Sometimes holidays need to quit being about the material things and about the people you are with.

nkotb

While I agree that complaining does not show the reason for the season, if UPS and Fedex thought they could not deliver on those dates, they should not have made the promise.  It's getting a lot of publicity because it happened on Christmas, but it would be like me telling you I would have you paid by X date, and then not getting it done.  By advertising for Christmas delivery, and a person buying a product for Christmas delivery, you are essentially entering into a contract to get something delivered on time.  Those delivery drivers knew when they hired on what the deal was.  That being said, it does make people sound like a bunch of whiny babies who did wait until the last minute to purchase.  That's why I have my Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving, that way if there is a problem, I have plenty of time to find another gift.

oakview

I've had things arrive late several times and we lived through it.  It did bother me, though, last year when I spent the extra $20 or so for "guaranteed" delivery by Christmas.  The package arrived 3 or 4 days late.  No refund on the extra charge for "guaranteed" delivery.  I've learned through experience that if you want something delivered by Christmas by the Postal Service, you better send it at least 2 weeks in advance. 

knabe

I ordered a life from amazon, but it came a day too late for installation, so I had to send it back.

vc

I though the same thing for the most part, Jimmy did not get his video game, boohoo, but some of the stories are complete fails by UPS and Fed-X: a Woman purchased her gifts prior to Thanksgiving, shipped them from South Carolina on Dec 13, to Houston, She arrived in Houston on Dec. 24, packages had not arrived yet. That is a failure on UPS. I agree if you ordered it on the 23rd your fault, if you had ordered it on November 23rd their fault.

As far as the delivery driver, most of the ones I know, talk about the overtime they get this time of the year, just like how linemen love winter storms.

I odered something, was told it would get there after Christmas, so I put a picture of it in a box and that is what they got.

SWMO

When you order things from companies to arrive by a certain date several things have to happen.
First and foremost the shipper must ship the item in a timely manner.  UPS and FedEx cannot deliver a package that was shipped from the supplier late. 
Second,  UPS and FedEx guarantee their packages to arrive on a certain date BARRING any weather related delays or acts of God.  There are some things that happen in this world that is beyond the control of the Carrier.
Thirdly, the last day that UPS and FedEx guaranteed any of their ground services was December 16.  If you shipped anything ground service after that date it was NOT guaranteed to arrive prior to the 25th.
Fourth,  If it does not get placed on the drivers truck for delivery it does no good to chew on him or her.  They can only deliver what they have in their trucks on that day.
I operate a pack and ship retail store and I guarantee you that UPS and FedEx and the United States Postal Service do a very very good job of delivering packages and letters year round.  It is rare that things are delayed or damaged or misdirected.  It does happen but in reality it is very rare.

vc

Bottom line, to many people ordered last minute, retailers promised next day delivery. The problem more freight than there were plains, dock workers were there, freight was there, not enough plains to load it on. I'm pretty sure UPS is not able to come up with more plains overnight. Ship happens

knabe

SWMO said:
It is rare that things are delayed or damaged or misdirected.  It does happen but in reality it is very rare.

we are an exception based society now and the exception is now the rule.  it's much easier and politically more expedient to hi-lite failure than success.  it's rare the person who stands up for others, especially if they disagree with them. typically the person who stands up for others ends up being more of a villain than the person they are standing up for, ie john adams defending probably one of the most important court cases in history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Massacre