Red Angus Bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

Mill Iron A

Time to start thinking about herdsires for this next year, what are peoples thoughts?

irishshorthorns

The Barn Dance bull at Glesbar and Miller Wilson looks like a good type. There's also a bull from Logie Angus in the UK that's export qualified that has loads of power and scope.

TPX

My pick would be Ter Ron Real Deal,  I have always liked him as a bull but after seeing his progeny this year out of so many different programs I think that he will be bull we will hear alot out of for the next little while. 

Mill Iron A

Scott I like your ripper herd sires he looks interesting. I have not seen enough real deal cattle yet but I am going to keep my eye out for them. Im thinking TJS Berry Cherry , maybe some hobo design, buffalo creek right kind, and we just bought some cows and a couple are bred to VGW  Bases Loaded so we will see how that goes

feeder duck

We have a double bred mulberry bred to Jackhammer . If that works we will use more of him. We will use more JKC Huckleberry. Love him for powerful hip and big bodied females with look. Probably get some Hamely in the tank as well

kfacres

feeder duck said:
We have a double bred mulberry bred to Jackhammer . If that works we will use more of him. We will use more JKC Huckleberry. Love him for powerful hip and big bodied females with look. Probably get some Hamely in the tank as well

jeff you get my pm? or it could have been an email- I forget...

GoWyo

Mill Iron A - as I recall you are near Glenrock WY?  Give Hardy Von Forell down in Wheatland a call.  He knows as much about Red Angus as anybody.

TPX

Mill Iron A said:
Scott I like your ripper herd sires he looks interesting. I have not seen enough real deal cattle yet but I am going to keep my eye out for them. Im thinking TJS Berry Cherry , maybe some hobo design, buffalo creek right kind, and we just bought some cows and a couple are bred to VGW  Bases Loaded so we will see how that goes

We are expecting 2 VGW Game Plan calves out of some bred heifers that we bought last fall.  They should be calving within the next couple weeks from the looks of them.  the 6 mile program has had some great calves out of him so we are excited to see what we end up getting.