RED ANGUS FANATICS HOWS.......... ?

Help Support Steer Planet:

IVORYACRES

While looking at the Red Angus forum video how in the breed is a stout,  wide based, very sound bull, with some eye appeal ?

Show Heifer

Full Throttle  and his sire, Fully Loaded.
Might also consider High Capacity 224 if you do not look at his picture! (He is kinda like 734, throws much different calves than he appears!)
And the afore mentioned Mulberry.

loveRedcows

Be one of the flock of sheep -- or try something not so devotedly pushed -- try a small Red Angus breeder!

the angus111

a canadian bull called SAKIC.I heard he is not being collected right now, but he is stout,deep sided and profiles real well.Rusty

HT

I used Red Dawg on my heifer. He looks to be a pretty good bull

ROAD WARRIOR

Look in the side bar at Three Fires add. Kurt has a bull called Huckleberry that could be very interesting. RW

Show Heifer

I would also agree with "loveredcows". Small breeder often have the quality of a well known operation, without the huge "pay for the name" price tag. But it does take time and effort to find those places.
I have never enountered a bad attitude 224. But doesn't mean they are not out there. Again, think it goes back to how they are handled most of the time.
I haven't been impressed with Sakic, but maybe it was the cows.

I think there are a lot of good, sound, thick well moving red angus out there that are hidden from public view (you know red isn't popular).  Start looking and enjoy the road trips!!

Bawndoh

Well, howabout the new World Champion Bull....Red Six Mile Full Throttle.  Genex carries him.  You cant get them deeper or thicker IMO.  I can post pix of him from the WAF if you want.

Show Dad

ROAD WARRIOR said:
Look in the side bar at Three Fires add. Kurt has a bull called Huckleberry that could be very interesting. RW
RW is correct. They also have a bull called Whistler that makes them very stout. They are good people to deal with.
<alien>

Show Dad

Here is a picture of my son with the Supreme Breeding Female at our county fair (show was Sunday, August 2). She is from Three Fires and out of their Whistler bull.

Attachments

• Supreme Female 2009.jpg
    Supreme Female 2009.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 496

cowgirl

I saw Huckleberry at Fort Worth, I liked him there.  Not a huge fan of his latest picture.  I'm personally a fan of 224 and have seen alot of good calves in the show ring and in the pasture.  He makes tremendous females and has thrown a couple pretty darn good bulls.