Red Cows!

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

NHR Shorthorns had asked about a recent picture of Wild Rose. He also had a comment about red cows. Thought I'd show off my red cow family.
Thumbnail

Wild Rose 8 years age

Thumbnail

Wilma & Tootie
(Warhorse x Wild Rose  & Habanero x Wilma)

Thumbnail

Taylor
Wild Rose daughter x Currency

red

trying again!

Attachments

• older Rosie.jpg
    older Rosie.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 237
  • button.jpg
    button.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 232
  • Wilma & Tootie.jpg
    Wilma & Tootie.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 268

DL

I like red cows too! Anybody know the breed and what the bumper sticker is all about?

Attachments

• BTB small copy.jpg
    BTB small copy.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 217

Chap

DL - Lamont, is also the poster cow for Michigan’s bovine TB eradication project and the ID brochure.  I have also included a pic of my favorite red cow.  unregistered % Maine cow.  She is 12 years old and had a 140 lb Dr Who this spring ..... UNASSISTED. still has a great udder and breeds AI every year. 

Attachments

• Y1.JPG
    Y1.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 243

DL

Chap said:
DL - Lamont, is also the poster cow for Michigan’s bovine TB eradication project and the ID brochure.  I have also included a pic of my favorite red cow.  unregistered % Maine cow.  She is 12 years old and had a 140 lb Dr Who this spring ..... UNASSISTED. still has a great udder and breeds AI every year. 

Yup - the Lovely Lamont -{ bred to Gizmo 60 days now (who is counting?) I saw the little bugger a couple of weeks ago on ultrasound} - another 12 year old red cow - gotta love those big red cows! Lamonts udder isn't as pretty as it once was, but a fault I can live with for a cow that breeds AI every year, spits out those babies and comes from the "back 40" when called! Chap I like your cow too! Three cheers for the big red cows, dl

justintime

Here is one of my favorite red cows. The first is Shadybrook Presto 73G . She is a 10 year old cow with the udder of a 3 year old. She is one of those no nonsense cows that you can't get enough of. She has become an excellent donor female for us and she now has offspring in 5 countries. I had 4 ET daughters from her last year, and I was hoping to keep some of them but we sold them all. We are implanting several embryos again this year from her and she will be flushed again tomorrow to our Leroy bull.

Attachments

• Shadybrook Presto 73G x- 2007sm.jpg
    Shadybrook Presto 73G x- 2007sm.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 347