Red Diamond Bulls.

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortyjock89

Let me first say that these bulls weren't touched with clippers or a show stick since state fair last summer. 

Now

This first bull is a May baby, and is out of a cow we raised that goes back to a JA Girl Friend cow that we bought from the Denny Jordan family.

The next bull is a February and is also out of a half sister to the original Girl Friend that we bought from Jordan's, but we bought her off their sale two and a half years ago.  This is her first calf.

The May is for sale, but will probably be consigned to Fusion Cattle's online production sale which takes place the first weekend in April, and the Feb is going to be shown all summer and then will probably be consigned to Circle H's production sale labor day weekend. 

Let me know what you think of them, we've never kept two bulls back in one year, let alone two out of the such close matings.

May calf:
100_2110.jpg

February calf:
100_2116.jpg

shortyjock89

Peachy- She got 3rd. I thought she was 2nd easily and you could have talked her into 1st if you really wanted to, but that's okay.  The judge said she needed more depth and mass, and I know it's his opinion, but that's just not true.  We'll get her out some more and see what happens. 

Tyler- Thanks man, I hope I get to come see your calves before the sale! You gonna be back in IL any time before then?

kane1598

Id venture to say that they are pretty marginal at best ;). looking good

shortyjock89

Thanks everyone! I only have a video of the May calf, but I'll post it.  I'd like to get a video and a really good picture of the older calf really soon, he's an impressive beast in person. From the very limited number of calves that we have from Red Diamond so far, I'm going to go ahead and say he is the most consistent Shorthorn bull we've ever used.  If you need to moderate and power up some bigger framed, super pretty cows (think 90's and really Trumped up cattle), he could change your herd in one calf crop.
May calf's video:
http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t253/olsonfamilyshorties/?action=view&current=100_2111.mp4