Red: Dog info.

Help Support Steer Planet:

mommacow

Starting from the left.

Angus - Jack Russel-Shelti- weener dog mix. (Almost got me divorced because he was dog #5). I took him to find him a new home because the person that had the momma dog was taking him to have him put to sleep because he was so shy.  We ended up keeping him because of the same reason, but my daughter started taking him places and took him in 4-H, where he went on to be 2005 Colorado State Fair Grand Champion obedience dog.

Ike Border Collie heeler cross- was born in my bathroom.  I had him put to sleep last November, we had him for 13 good years.

Lila - Austrilian Cattle Dog (heeler)Another I am going to rescue this pup from a bad situation. A co-worker was going to shoot her because she did not want her and could not sell her.  She is a pain in the rear as most heelers are. She is going to be 9.  She spent several years as a 4-H dog for my youngest daughter.

Cherokee - Border Collie and the best dog on earth- My oldest daughter pd $25.00 for her at the feed store.  2 mo later she escaped from the kennel and got hit on the highway.  I was quoted $600.00 to fix her leg.  Went ahead and did it for my daughter, got the bill and it was 2 X the quote.  She is pretty useless as far as herding anything but cats, but is the best dog I have ever had. Also a 4-H dog for my oldest daughter.

Spot - Cherokees son. Born in my kitchen. He is an odd ball but I love him too. He is afraid of most everything including sheep and cattle (he would help move the pigs around). He was not supposed to stay either, but we had moved from CO to SD with this litter of pups and he was a left over that no one wanted, plus he was scared of everything as a pup and not very social. Then we moved back to CO and just kept him.  He was my youngest daughters 4-H dog and did come out of his shell.

So now I am counting down the days that my daughters have their own houses and can take their dogs with them.  4 dogs is way to many.  When they are all gone I will have 1 and it will be a poodle.

red

Thanks mommacow! I just knew there had to be a story behind each dog! How did you get them to all sit still for a photo? All mine does is wiggle. Wiggles, kills cats & breaks limbs off trees. Humm.. a corgi is looking better all the time!
Somehow you just don't seem to be a poodle person to me!  (dog)

Red

red

Sounds just like my heeler! He has torn up more trees trying to get racoons, birds & of course cats down. He is a great ratter though. I told him he better be if he's going to drive away all the cats. I can't believe you'd never seen a rat! Come out our way & I can show you some big ones!
Used to work in a grain elevator, boy they grew them big there! Graded grain at an elevator in downtown columbus, Ohio. The rats were as big as small dogs. Hated to have to go out at night to get smaples because you just never knew what you'd find. :eek:

Red

Latest posts