RED, Some info about Majors Money Man.

Help Support Steer Planet:

RSC

I have only seen a few myself and they have been pretty nice.  Majors live here in Nebraska and the Cattlemens Classic at the end of February has a pen of 5 replacement heifer sale.  Majors have a pen of 5 Money Man sired heifers consigned to the sale.  I will let you know what I think of them.

Looking at their Dam side may give you an idea of what is working with this bull.  The catelog is listed on the Classic's site which is www.cattlemens.org if your interested!

RSC

red

Thanks so much. What impresses me about him is that he's not a new bull but one that has grown in popularity. i like proven bulls. I'm planning on using him on my big red cow & several heifers.
Thanks,
Red

DL

I had the same thoughts about Money Man - but was a little worried about BW despite very impressive BW EPD with pretty decent accuracy. I emailed Colleen Majors and she was not only very helpful in terms of what his plusese and minuses are , what kind of cows he will work on etc - she sent me calving charts for several years. I'm gonna try him this year.  I'll aske her if she mids if I pass the info on to you or you can give her an email [email protected] - I don't personally know the Majors but I have heard nothing but good about them and their program from  lots of different sources. DL (dog) (pretend it is a cow!

red

DL & RSC, I found the same thing with them, Collen was very helpful on giving out information & advice. Nice to still see that in a breeder.
I really like the heifers from him. curious to see a bull sired by him.
I did find some cow smileys. I passed them on to admin.

Red O0

justme

I went thru there heifers early this fall.  WOW what a consistant great pen of heifers (and in that pen I bet there were 90).  I seen Money Man too.  What a sound beautiful bull.  I for one believe Major's data, they are really great people.  Plus they have no problem talking to a young girl and helping HER pick out her first heifer.  See there cows too, they are great looking.  I only wish I had a pature full.  Money Man is a proven bull, and from what I've seen, he's going to only improve my small herd.  Just my 2 cents for what its worth

red

Justme-didn't you have a bull from him? How did he look besides his leg injury?
Love the kids, it must be a dial-up issue if you can see the entire picture.
Red

justme

He was nice.  He was genstar tested for tenderness and marbling.  Very high on each.  Also big 16.5 ribeye.  His first calves come in March so lets cross our fingers (cow)

red

How many calves are you looking at from him? What was his dam? This is the one that busted his leg right? :'(
Red

justme

Eric did well on AI so I'm thinking only about 6 due to him.  Yes he broke his leg.  Dam wise i'll have to find his papers.  My memory is leaving me

red

Tony, what did you think of the pen of 5 Money Man's? I didn't get to watch the sale.

Red