Red...

Help Support Steer Planet:

justme

A couple days ago Red was on saying she felt like she was making a turn for the better.  Well, that afternoon she got terribly dizzy, ran into some walls, and got sick.  She's been in the hospital for a couple days.  I kept it quiet for her.  Today she called me again and wanted me to let you all know what's going on.

They believe she has Minears disease.  She has suffered hearing loss and extreme dizziness.  The dizziness gets so bad she falls and vomits.  Since in the hospital its gotten a little worse.  They've decided today they will discharge her, but only to a nursing home.  The doctors and her husband fear that with her being home alone she could hurt herself.

As most of you know she's my best friend.  I found her on these boards a couple years ago and feel like I'm the luckiest woman alive to have such a great friend as her.  Please say a prayer or two or send her all the good juju in the world so we get her back.  I really miss her and from the messages I've been getting alot of you have been missing her too.

I'll keep you all updated as much as I can....thanks and Red says she loves and misses you all and really hopes to get home soon. :'(

Simmymom1

???  I was wondering why she had not replied to an e-mail I had sent her.  Bless her heart, I have the same thing that she has and it affects me every once in a while and when it does....it is AWFUL!!  I literally have to crawl around on my hands and knees, I can not walk and if I close my eyes I start to spin and then I throw up.  I have not had an attack in about 2 years..knock on wood.  I will send some good juju her way and will be praying hard for her!!  (angel)

Cowboy

I wondered why she hadn't answered the phone, just was trying to call and visit with her as I haven't talked to her inperson since before her surgery. Had a feeling that something was not right.

Make sure she knows we are here thinking of her -- it's a darn shame she can't get past this thing -- life is hard enough let along when you are out of it like this.

Get well Red -- God Speed!

Terry

dori36

justme said:
A couple days ago Red was on saying she felt like she was making a turn for the better.  Well, that afternoon she got terribly dizzy, ran into some walls, and got sick.  She's been in the hospital for a couple days.  I kept it quiet for her.  Today she called me again and wanted me to let you all know what's going on.

They believe she has Minears disease.  She has suffered hearing loss and extreme dizziness.  The dizziness gets so bad she falls and vomits.  Since in the hospital its gotten a little worse.  They've decided today they will discharge her, but only to a nursing home.  The doctors and her husband fear that with her being home alone she could hurt herself.

As most of you know she's my best friend.  I found her on these boards a couple years ago and feel like I'm the luckiest woman alive to have such a great friend as her.  Please say a prayer or two or send her all the good juju in the world so we get her back.  I really miss her and from the messages I've been getting alot of you have been missing her too.

I'll keep you all updated as much as I can....thanks and Red says she loves and misses you all and really hopes to get home soon. :'(

For more info about "Meniere's Disease/Syndrome", you can Google Meniere's and there's lots and lots of info there.  It does appear to be manageable and affects the inner ears.  I have a very good friend who has had it for years and does very well in most situations.  Good vibes going out for "Red"!  <party>

Show Dad

Gidget I hope you hang in there too! Red has made many friends here and is missed. I know prolong illnesses can be a bummer so lets keep our chin up for her and you.

Praying for both of you.
Gary

doubled

Gidget thanks for keeping us posted, it means alot to all of us and Red means alot to all of us.
I have some dear friends and her husband has it, but it after many struggles it has gotten better,
if there is anything we can do please let us know,  tell RED we are thinking of her

(angel)

Losin Money

I just got back from my stepdads funeral and heard about Red.  Come on Red...I need some good news!  We've got a show season coming up!  Please get better girl, my kids are looking forward to meeting you. Rick

Show Heifer

My Uncle has minears syndrome. His was activated by salt. He can have NO salt. If he over indulges, he falls and flops like a dizzy fish. Certainly no fun. But, he suffered quite some time before they made a diagnosis. But now he is complete healthy and is 100%
I wish her well.

farmgirl760

WOW! Hope she gets better soon!!I know a couple people that have had it and they are doing better now and know how to manage it but it is serious stuff!!!!

We will all keep her in our thoughts!!!

cattlejunky

So sorry to hear.  Hang in there Gidget and Red.  I know someone that had suffered with the same problem, she is doing much better now.  I will find out what she did.  (angel)

kane1598

I am very sad to hear the news. I wish Red a quick and easy recovery back to Steerplanet.

DLD

I'm very sorry to hear this.  Hope they can get it under control and she feels better soon. 

justme

Talked to Red.  She sounded in better spirits.  Mark may even bring Woody to see her in the next couple days since they allow pets there.  She said she's going to work hard at rehab.  Her only complaint is the food lol.  Poor girl finally a little hungry and they bring her an old fish patty and lima beans lol.

She sends her best and thanks you for all the prayers

knabe

justme said:
Talked to Red.  She sounded in better spirits.  Mark may even bring Woody to see her in the next couple days since they allow pets there.  She said she's going to work hard at rehab.  Her only complaint is the food lol.  Poor girl finally a little hungry and they bring her an old fish patty and lima beans lol.

She sends her best and thanks you for all the prayers

what is it with lima beans and assisted living?  my grandmother used to complain about that all the time. ;D

cattlejunky

A FISH patty and Lima beans!!!  :'(  That sounds awful.  Do we need to send her a care package full of food? I thought they only had Lima beans for school lunches.  Glad to hear she is doing better.  Thanks for keeping us posted.