redneck bovine dictionary

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortyjock89

RW, I know that the show life isn't exactly what most girls have in mind when they get married, but I know I'll slow down when I get married...and I'm certainly in no hurry..I'll just hafta find that one in a million girl , and she might even like showing more than me!! Who knows...the only thing that's for certain is that all that marriage and slowin down stuff is in the future...I'll hafta get back to ya on it when I get on outta this here college..2011 seems like forever away!

ELBEE

My wife being from the Wichita area uses the term "street" (inappropriately, I might add) a lot. She gets really frustrated with the difference between driveway, township road, county road, state highway, and U. S. highway. "How do you know?" She asks?----You just know!

A truck hauls grain, hay, or cattle. These pretty little crew-cabs (yes we have one, even has a taneau cover, nice for goin to Wal-mart) with a dura-mess or power-stoke, and no scratches in the bed, are CARS. My mother-in-law says they're going to drive their truck to visit, then show up in a Ford Escape!

Really want to confuse a city dweller? Tell them to jump in the Hydra-bed,go out behind the shelter-belt in the stock piled native grass, and run      2 1\2 lbs. of gluten out of the cake feeder. (Notice how I use the per head amount?)

Jill

My husband had some in depth conversations while "calving" with our doctors, it's amazing how many of the medicines we use are the same drugs used for cattle.
2 of my boys were in NICU for the first couple of weeks after they were born and had feeding tubes, they use a syringe and gravity, we had a plastic bag hung at the top of the incubators so the nurses could save the syringes for us to take them home, Earl thought that was such a waste to throw them away and the nurses thought he was nuts.

A "rip" contrary to poplular opinion is not a tear.

itk

Jill said:
My husband had some in depth conversations while "calving" with our doctors, it's amazing how many of the medicines we use are the same drugs used for cattle.
2 of my boys were in NICU for the first couple of weeks after they were born and had feeding tubes, they use a syringe and gravity, we had a plastic bag hung at the top of the incubators so the nurses could save the syringes for us to take them home, Earl thought that was such a waste to throw them away and the nurses thought he was nuts.

A "rip" contrary to poplular opinion is not a tear.

A few years ago our vet had to go to the hospital for a week. He said he got charged $3,000 for medication during the stay. When he got home everything they used on him he had in his vet office and it would have cost him $100 to stay at home and self medicate. Though not a bovine term I like the phrase "horse hay." The best meaning I can come up for on the term is $2 or $3 more per square bale.

aj

I saw an ad on tv that claimed yu could could be ripped in 12 days with a exercise machine. Heck I can ripped in a hour and a half at the frosty mug. ;D

dutch pride

I get razed for "worshing" my dishes in the "zink". Also grew uo with dinner being noon meal and supper the evening meal.

All these differenses make us interesting. if we were all the same, life would be very boring.

DLZ