Red's back!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Wow, too many things to cover! First- 8 days is way too long for a show! We survived & so did Woody but all are worn out!
I met so many great people! I'm sorry if I left anyone out. Elbee was just what I pictured. His family is great, I loved the little one.  Shortdawg & his boys were very handsome. I wish I had more time to spend w/ all that I met. Special thanks to Bluegrass & BA for helping us w/ the heifers. You were both lifesavers.
I'd like to thank all the wonderful people that stepped up & helped us. The Booher group was awesome. I'd can't wait for next year. I also met so many other wonderful people. Loved my visits w/ Shannon. I just hope Gus hasn't torn your place up! Thanks to Malinda for the wonderful apple fritters. They kept good for several days.
Our heifers placed terrible but showed well. The guys I hired on-line were great! If anyone from Ohio or IN needs some good fitters let me know, Bryan was very professional. I'm not sure what happened w/ the heifers. They both looked great & we got a lot of positive feedback on them. Must just not have been our day.
Woody was awesome! He was the hit of the barn. I had so many people loving on him. Was told that his markings were very unusual. Even had someone offer Mark $500 for him. He turned them down. He is quite a clown but was very good most of the time.
When I got home my computer wouldn't boot up. I had to reload most of my programs. Also had tons of wash to do. I'm waiting a while to start working on the 3 newer calves. Need to get my back, legs & arms in better shape.
Once again, it was great to met all of you. I missed my buddies here. I'm sorry if I didn't get around more but I needed to conserve my legs. Thanks to all, especially MLK32 for her great help!

Red

Attachments

• 100_1636.jpg
    100_1636.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 376
  • 100_1642.jpg
    100_1642.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 372

TJ

Glad that you are back, glad that you had a good time at the show (even if it was a bit long) & glad that you were able to meet a lot of good people!!  Maybe next year, if you take some heifers back to the NAILE, I'll be able to stop by & hello.  I really enjoy the NAILE & hate that I've haven't been able to attend the last few years!  Hopefully, I'll have some Lowlines @ Louisville next fall!  Anyway, get rested up & have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!   

MAMACOW

Red is a great hostess, and a great baker she makes awesome cookies!!!  Red I really enjoyed our dailey visits, I miss seeing Woody!  Gus is great not tearing too much up yet!  He is really a good pup!  Hope to see you this weekend in Lima!!  Happy Turkey day!!  Rest up!

Joe Boy

Red,
Welcome back!

I was just wondering if you were speaking of Mark or Woody....."He is quite a clown but was very good most of the time."  ???????????

Ha... have a great day!  Rest! and enjoy the cooler weather....

OH Breeder

Red,
Fire off those names for grooming. I may use them. My knees and back are also screaming. We clipped 5 calves over the weekend. WHEW that concrete is not warm.
Glad you enjoyed your trip and best luck next time with the heifers. Good you are back!

cattlejunky

Glad you are back.  I hope you have recovered from your marathon days at the NAILE.  Wish I could have went.

shortdawg

Red, It was great finally meeting you and your clan. I wish I could've come over and helped you some but with 4 head, a 9 yr. old and a 12 yr. old I just stayed swamped all day every day. We were supposed to have some help from home but that didn't play out. We done OK in the Jr. Show but got it handed to us pretty good in the Open Show ( lots of quality ).

cowz

Glad you survived!  If I had known how cute that tiny mutt was, I would have had the old grey guy stuff him in his coat pocket! ;D

Latest posts