Red's consignment

Help Support Steer Planet:

cert

Assuming that is the same Red Maple Farm, would you post a picture here of that Cherry Bomb heifer and maybe tell us more about her? She looks broody and well put together. Has she been serviced? If not...will she have been serviced by mid march and to whom? Great looking red heifer!

I also noticed some nice looking Irish Wiskey sons consigned to the sale. Should be a real good sale. Looking forward to seeing some good cattle of all breeds.  (clapping)

red

Yes, that's my baby. She is out of a really great Foreplay cow family. She isn't bred but I'd recommend Money Man on her. She has been shown several times. Usually places middle of the class. She isn't fat like they want the jackpot heifers to be. She is TH/PHA clean. Polled.
Has a great personality. Has been shown recently by a 10 year old boy.
She has had some skin problems but is over that now & I'm getting hair back on her.
Thanks for asking about her. I'm going to miss her.
Red

The black heifer was her dam at AGR, we raised her too. She placed 2nd in her class.

Attachments

• AGR1.jpg
    AGR1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 304
  • Dilly.jpg
    Dilly.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 299

garybob

My compliments to a successful breeding program. Headed in the right direction, and improved the color in one generation!!!!!

mlk32

Because Red gave  my nephew the opportunity to show "Sami," I have spent some up close and personal time with this heifer.  You can see her quality in the picture but I will verify Red's statement on her attitude:  Sami has an outstanding disposition and my novice showman nephew had no problems working with her.    Red was also willing to let my nephew show her even though it might have cost her heifer a few placement spots in class.  I would expect Sami to be very easy to maintain as a cow and would hope she passes on her excellent disposition to her offspring.

I have also personally seen the dam of this heifer and have a clear picture as to where Sami gets some of her best traits.

red

cattlechick said:
Red, very nice cherry bomb heifer... what was her dam???

She is an Iceman x Foreplay cow.

Thanks MLK32, Sami got a lot of good out of showing too!

Red

Show Heifer

Very nice heifer Red (clapping)
Isn't it hard to let them go after getting them ready for shows for a year?? :'(
I just hate that!

red

Show Heifer said:
Very nice heifer Red (clapping)
Isn't it hard to let them go after getting them ready for shows for a year?? :'(
I just hate that!

Yes, I'm just going to hate to sell her but you know sometimes you need $ to pay the bills!

Red

red

It is really undecided on taking her. she's still missing some areas of hair. ???
Hate to take her & not look her best. If we don't, I'll be still looking for a buyer. Will guarantee her to have her hair back.

Red (cow)

shortyjock89

red said:
Yes, that's my baby. She is out of a really great Foreplay cow family. She isn't bred but I'd recommend Money Man on her. She has been shown several times. Usually places middle of the class. She isn't fat like they want the jackpot heifers to be. She is TH/PHA clean. Polled.
Has a great personality. Has been shown recently by a 10 year old boy.
She has had some skin problems but is over that now & I'm getting hair back on her.
Thanks for asking about her. I'm going to miss her.
Red

The black heifer was her dam at AGR, we raised her too. She placed 2nd in her class.

We had the same problem with my sister's heifer at our expo (not fat enough to win) so we settled for a 2nd place.  If you don't end up taking her to expo, I doubt you will have to look very hard for a buyer. Very nice heifer (and the right color)!! lol

Joe Boy

Too fat heifers present calving and breeding problems and in our heat in Texas it is a real problem.

Best wishes Red for whatever you do with your fine looking red lady. ;)

red

She's going!!!
Been working really hard on getting hair back & it's paid off!
Thanks for all the advice & help.

Red (welcome)