Red's fittness challenge!

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

As many of you know, due to poor health & surgeries I spent 6 months basically doing nothing. Now I need to build up strength & endurance. I want to issue a challenge to those that want too to begin an exercise program for at least a month. My goal is getting ready for Ohio's expo.
Right now I'm doing 30 minutes 5-6 times a week. I'm doing weights, step aerobics & some pilates. Do what feels the most comfortable to you. Remember to start out slow & stretch before you start! The hardest part is not feeling like doing it one day & then you just stop.
Come on! Let's get ready for summer plus it's good for your heart & helps prevent breast cancer.

Red <party> <party>

BTW- Woody thinks this is just great & half the time he's either trying to grab my feet or climb on me when I'm on the floor!

box6rranch

Red, you are too funny sometimes  :) I can just picture your husband now!
The only exercise I seem to get is chores. But it takes a couple of hours a day and mucking pens, running wheelbarrows, chasing cows etc has got to be worth something???
My kids and husband make fun of me because I have no butt. My pants droop and I look like I have a load of something special in them :O)
Apparently they think the J-Low look is in. Thanks but I'd rather keep the flat butt. It really does suck when I ride horses though. I think I should develop a gel saddle!

Show Dad

Red I glad to hear you are taking a proactive stance to your health. (clapping)

I accept your challenge to begin to work out and I will one up you. :p
I will work out for an HOUR!! I will begin with doing modified arm curls by lifting a MGD (Hey it's MGD Lite) to my mouth for 30 minutes. For the next 30 minutes I will do 25 reps of mouth crunches as I eat a steak. I will do this at least 3 times a week and maybe the arm curls every night.

I want to thank you Red I might not have started this with out you!  :-*

(PS My wife doesn't like what I had planed for a cardiovascular work out! :eek:)

CM Cattle

SD said:

I will work out for an HOUR!! I will begin with doing modified arm curls by lifting a MGD (Hey it's MGD Lite) to my mouth for 30 minutes. For the next 30 minutes I will do 25 reps of mouth crunches as I eat a steak. I will do this at least 3 times a week and maybe the arm curls every night.

(PS My wife doesn't like what I had planed for a cardiovascular work our! :eek:)
(lol) (lol) (lol)

dori36

box6rranch said:
Red, you are too funny sometimes  :) I can just picture your husband now!
The only exercise I seem to get is chores. But it takes a couple of hours a day and mucking pens, running wheelbarrows, chasing cows etc has got to be worth something???
My kids and husband make fun of me because I have no butt. My pants droop and I look like I have a load of something special in them :O)
Apparently they think the J-Low look is in. Thanks but I'd rather keep the flat butt. It really does suck when I ride horses though. I think I should develop a gel saddle!

Ummm, just wondering if you think "Woody" is Red's husband?  Woody's her cool little dog!  Of course, maybe her husband is also trying to grab her feet and climb on her when she's on the floor, too!  Dang, it's been a loooong winter!

AAOK

With both Red and SD getting so personal, this thread already deserves an R rating.

I guess you can count me in.  I've been putting in 1 - 1 2/2 hours every week day for the last nine years.  Red, I do several Pilates and Yoga stretches, plus Free Weights and Power Walks (my knees can't take running).  I just added a five pound dumbell in each hand during my walks.  It's a great way to incorporate strength training with aerobics.

(With all this, I've still gained 10 pounds since I sold the cows, August 2007.  Chores must mean something!)

qbcattle

I dont know if any of yall work out enthusiast would be interested, but i am affiliated with a world class supplement company called advocare, i am a collegiate athlete and swear by this stuff. They have one of the best weight loss supplements you could ask for, made of all natural ingredients and was produced by some of the best nutritionist and Dr's possible to ensure a safe product that works! I have a good family friend that has been taking this stuff and he lost 40 pounds and feels the best he has felt since he was a teenager! They also have products that will boost your cardio!

its just a thought, but u wont be disappointed...u can pm me if u have any questions or go to my website to check it out:

www.advocare.com/09023509

J-Beef

I will work with you as well. It will be a year in May since I decided that traveling lifestyle was getting to hard on body, not to mention my waist!  I found a certified nutrientist in my area and he has been a huge helps (clapping).  I have lost 35 lbs in that time and more importantly 30 of it has been fat!  I eat 5-6 meals a day and do 30 - 40 of cardio 6 times a week.  The weight lifting I do is 3 times a week and only work out a given body part once a week.  Good luck n I will be with you in spirit on the tread mill in the morning

doubled

SD said:

(PS My wife doesn't like what I had planed for a cardiovascular work out! :eek:)

SD u are too much - love it love it  (lol)

red

I can just see my hubby grabbing my feet & jumping on me! You're right, it's been to long a winter! Yes, Woody is my corgi.He also gets his exercise in by what I call butt busting, that's were they tear around the house as fast as they can & as low to the ground as possible!

I'm not trying to lose weight. Been a battle to get some back but I need to tone up. I'm glad to hear SD took my challenge although I question his results. You could do the same thing lifting KK since he's close to 20#'s!

Keep us informed!

Red

Show Dad

You know, it would explain your falling spells if KK is grabbing at your feet Cathy. ;)  I bet if we set up some video surveillance in your house KK would be caught doing things to trip you. :)

I started my exercises last night. It was nice to have a steak and beer night. I worked out to the point of gasping for breath. You know it's hard taking a bite of steak and trying to drink a beer all at the same time! But when I'm through with this work out I will be in good shape. And yes round is a shape! ;D

Think I will fry me up some swine sizzle sticks and chicken embryos for breakfast with a tall glass of bovine nectar. <alien>

red

between he & Woody they have both caused a few falls. The hubby is conviced that cats implicate dogs after they've made the mess or destroyed something. I remember a commercial were the dog keep getting the blame for emptying the trash. He set up a video camera & caught the cat in the act & showed it to his owners.  (lol)

Red

dori36

red said:
As many of you know, due to poor health & surgeries I spent 6 months basically doing nothing. Now I need to build up strength & endurance. I want to issue a challenge to those that want too to begin an exercise program for at least a month. My goal is getting ready for Ohio's expo.
Right now I'm doing 30 minutes 5-6 times a week. I'm doing weights, step aerobics & some pilates. Do what feels the most comfortable to you. Remember to start out slow & stretch before you start! The hardest part is not feeling like doing it one day & then you just stop.
Come on! Let's get ready for summer plus it's good for your heart & helps prevent breast cancer.

Red <party> <party>

BTW- Woody thinks this is just great & half the time he's either trying to grab my feet or climb on me when I'm on the floor!

Hey, count me in!!  After the longest (and it's not over - looking for another major snow/wind mess starting tonight) and coldest winter I remember in a long time, I'm a real piggy!  And the only thing I have to blame it on is my lack of desire to go outside and the fact that I'm not currently taking care of livestock.  So, I 'need' a support group!!

dori36

First report:  Outside walking briskly for 40 minutes!!  Yay!  Pretty nice weather outside for Michigan.  It's the calm before the predicted dreadful snow/ice/high winds tomorrow.  And, the Vet I work for and I are re-checking 3 small (50 head each) herds of cattle tomorrow and vaccinating as long as they're all in the chutes.  Not looking forward to it with the coming storm and single digit temps.  Red, does working those cattle count for a fitness day??

P-F

I am right there with you .  I wanted to cry the other day I worked so hard over the last 3 monthes and lost 15 pounds and the last couple weeks I havn't been working out as much or eating quite right and back came 5 just that quick I wanted to cry.  but I am back at it 

red

I was amazed at how much body tone I lost by not doing chores or breaking calves. I'm still at it by working out. felt guilty that I gave myself Sunday off. We're also trying to eat better, less sweets & more fruit & veggies. Hard to break the ice cream habit.
Keep it up guys!!!!!

Red

ShowmanQ

I am back it it again as well. I am lifting 5-6 days a week, along with cardio on those days. I just cannot wait for warm weather, as I ride a bicycle an average of about 20 miles at least 5 days a week in the summer.

Davis Shorthorns

I really need to start working out agian.  Last year I was working out 5 days a week both cardio and weights bout a hour of each.  Since then I have gained ALOT back.  I will take that Challange RED!!!!!  I need it.