registration question??

Help Support Steer Planet:

shufly

I only have one registered heifer and I bought her so I am new to this registration thing.  I have a very good heifer out of Lautner's Powerhouse bull and a unregistered Maine Ang cow.  It doesn't look like Powerhouse is registered with any breed association, so if he isn't registered and the cow isn't registered can this heifer be registered at all?  (it is the heifer in my avatar)

johnmetzger

In the MAINE ANJOU world U have to have a 1/2 blood reg. female maine X unregistered bull to to be able to register a female calf 1/4 blood.

SFASUshowman

Dont quote me on this, but I am pretty sure to register in any association you are going to have to have at least one registered parent.  In a lot of associations both parents have to be registered, just not necessarily out of the same breed.  i.e. some associations have breeding up programs which they developed to try and improve their breeds.  Like the Beefmaster Advancer, Shorthorn Plus, LimFlex, programs.  I dont know the details on all these but I know in some both parents have to be registered like one parent can be registered as a Beefmaster and the other can be registered as a Maine.  But poth parents have to be pedigreed in some association.

kfacres

SFASUshowman said:
Dont quote me on this, but I am pretty sure to register in any association you are going to have to have at least one registered parent.  In a lot of associations both parents have to be registered, just not necessarily out of the same breed.  i.e. some associations have breeding up programs which they developed to try and improve their breeds.  Like the Beefmaster Advancer, Shorthorn Plus, LimFlex, programs.  I dont know the details on all these but I know in some both parents have to be registered like one parent can be registered as a Beefmaster and the other can be registered as a Maine.  But poth parents have to be pedigreed in some association.

No, from my experience-- only 1 parent has to be registered, the other can be grade, it's most often the sire that is registered with the association as well. 

In your case, the PH bull, might be papered as a Shorthorn PLus, or Maintainer..> I don't remmeber his exact pedigree off top of my head, but think he was a HWx Wooly Bully or somethinig like that.

shufly

Good memory.  That is his pedigree but I can't seem to find any registration information on him.  Does anyone know if Lautner's Powerhouse bull is registered in any association?????