Registration questions

Help Support Steer Planet:

PinkOil Princess

I have a heifer calf that is sired by bodacious. Is she unable to be registered with any breed organization? I believe her mom is commercial.

Second question. I have a calf sired by Jesse James and mom is a maintainer sired by 1-80 can the calf be registered Maine as well?

Third and final question. Last calf is sired by SAV Brilliance and mom is registered composite Charolais sired by monopoly. Is calf able to be registered?

Thank you :)

mainegirl

The bodacious calf cant be registered as a Mainetainer unless the cow is registered as at least a 25% maine, because Bodacious is only 25%. The calf has to be at least 25% to be registered with them. Im not sure but you might be able to register it as a Chi.

The Jesse James x I80 can be registered as a Mainetainer. If the cow is an I80, then she's at least 50% maine so the calf is at least 25%.

I have no idea about the other calf. Might be able to register with Chi Assoc. too.

cbcr

I-80 is only 87.5% Maine, so the cow would be less than 50%.

With the Chianina Assoc. animals need to be a minimum of 6.25% and Bodacious is only 5.66%

cbcr

So then they are figuring because of the 87.5% basically having reached purebred status, that his offspring are 50%

PinkOil Princess

Thanks for the feedback. This bodacious calf is rackin my brain. She is definitely marked like a shorthorn but breeder said the cow doesn't have enough % shorthorn to register her as a shorthorn plus. Think that one is a loss cause. Nothing wrong with a goo commercial calf just can't earn points with the states junior livestock association.

DLD

6.25% is the minimum only to show and/or sell at National events (Louisville, Fort Worth, Junior Nationals...).  Lower percentages can still be registered and are still eligible to show in state shows, unless your state association or the particular show has a different rule, so the Bodacious can still be registered Chi.