reminiscing

Help Support Steer Planet:

jaimiediamond

I have just located the picture of my 4H heifer who I had a very successful run with.  As a yearling she won a few 4H shows, as a 2 year old she was reserve Supreme champion at the largest interbreed  heifer show in Western Canada, and as a 3 year old she was the Canadian National Champion Shorthorn female.

I think the highlight of this female was not her show career but her progeny and their production record. Pictured below her is her 3rd calf who is currently our senior herd bull (he will be heading to well known and respected herd for the spring breeding season). 

Attachments

• Diamond Kalika Baroness 28K.jpg
    Diamond Kalika Baroness 28K.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 202
  • Diamond Prophecy 21P.jpg
    Diamond Prophecy 21P.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 140

jaimiediamond

frostback said:
Wonderful, any other photos of her wins?

I have the one from her National Championship but I am having trouble locating the junior show one!! I am checking my old record books tonight here is hoping I was at filing when I was 16!!!

shortii said:
Very nice!!!  (clapping)

Thanks!!! I was so excited when I found this photo so many great memories.

Okotoks

vanridge said:
Nice ! How old is she there and what ever happened to that calf?
She is three. The calf at foot was Diamond Notorious 16N. He was a Feb 2 calf and that show was the beginning of July. He sold to Buffalo Lake Shorthorns and they resold him to a commercial herd. He was by TNT Legacy 1L, a bull that turned out to be a TH carrier ???
Her first calf, Diamond My Baroness 18M is the grand dam of Hilltop's herd bull ACC Prophecy's Xcel 38X. Her third calf was Prophecy 21P.

vanridge

Okotoks said:
vanridge said:
Nice ! How old is she there and what ever happened to that calf?
She is three. The calf at foot was Diamond Notorious 16N. He was a Feb 2 calf and that show was the beginning of July. He sold to Buffalo Lake Shorthorns and they resold him to a commercial herd. He was by TNT Legacy 1L, a bull that turned out to be a TH carrier ???
Her first calf, Diamond My Baroness 18M is the grand dam of Hilltop's herd bull ACC Prophecy's Xcel 38X. Her third calf was Prophecy 21P.

Not a bad record!  (thumbsup) So, can I ask who is your favourite Prophecy 21P progeny?

jaimiediamond

vanridge said:
Not a bad record!  (thumbsup) So, can I ask who is your favourite Prophecy 21P progeny?
I am really pleased with the Prophecy daughters and most of my females who are 3 and under are sired by Prophecy.  I could go on for hours about each of these females and why I am so pleased, when I have some time tomorrow I will list my favorites by age.  Of course in our household we each have differing opinions on which female is best so Okotoks or shorthorn101 may add others :) 

Pictured below are 2 Prophecy sired bulls who were born March 20 2012 and pictured January 3 2013. 

Attachments

• Diamond Zipline .jpg
    Diamond Zipline .jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 160
  • Diamond Zircon.jpg
    Diamond Zircon.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 157

vanridge

jaimiediamond said:
vanridge said:
I am really pleased with the Prophecy daughters and most of my females who are 3 and under are sired by Prophecy.  I could go on for hours about each of these females and why I am so pleased, when I have some time tomorrow I will list my favorites by age.  Of course in our household we each have differing opinions on which female is best so Okotoks or shorthorn101 may add others :) 

Pictured below are 2 Prophecy sired bulls who were born March 20 2012 and pictured January 3 2013.   

I like how masculin these two bulls look. Very nice calves. And of course I would love to hear what the rest of your family thinks ... nothing like a good debate especially among between family members  (clapping)

Duncraggan

Both very nice bullocks Jaimie!  D. Zipline looks better through the flank area on the picture but they are both great.  I am also more partial to redder Shorthorns!

jaimiediamond

I will start  with my favorite females, starting with rising 3-year olds, the Prophecy's all did a tremendous job on their first calves last year and bred back right away.  My two favorites (only because they are mine ;)) of this age group are
Diamond Xotic Candy 25X has a very good heifer in the replacement pen
Diamond Xtra Candy 36X had a 72 lb bw bull who is consistently picked out in the bull pen
Both of these heifers are photographed as two year olds in July last year

Duncraggan said:
Both very nice bullocks Jaimie!  D. Zipline looks better through the flank area on the picture but they are both great.  I am also more partial to redder Shorthorns!

Thank you, I am very impressed with how they are doing...  I will be getting more photos of the bulls for the upcoming bull sales tomorrow, there is a red Prophecy that dad prefers over the roans I posted.  <beer>

Attachments

• DIAMOND XOTIC CANDY 25X.jpg
    DIAMOND XOTIC CANDY 25X.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 197
  • DIAMOND XOTIC CANDY 25X udder.jpg
    DIAMOND XOTIC CANDY 25X udder.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 102
  • rsz_36x.jpg
    rsz_36x.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 110
  • rsz_36x_and_10z.jpg
    rsz_36x_and_10z.jpg