Remnant from the 60s

Help Support Steer Planet:

DL

AAOk - Bell Bottom Blues  got me thinking about Layla......

DL

This is from SRU (I told him on the NFL thread that I never saw Forrest Gump) - now this is a whole lot of good stuff, thanks SRU you are correct! in fact some of my favorites are here ;D

Disc One
"Hound Dog" performed by Elvis Presley – 2:16
"Rebel Rouser" performed by Duane Eddy – 2:22
"(I Don't Know Why) But I Do" performed by Clarence Frogman Henry – 2:18
"Walk Right In" performed by The Rooftop Singers – 2:33
"Land of 1000 Dances" performed by Wilson Pickett – 2:25
"Blowin' in the Wind" performed by Joan Baez – 2:36
"Fortunate Son" performed by Creedence Clearwater Revival – 2:18
"I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)" performed by The Four Tops – 2:43
"Respect" performed by Aretha Franklin – 2:27
"Rainy Day Women #12 & 35" performed by Bob Dylan – 4:35
"Sloop John B" performed by Beach Boys – 2:56
"California Dreamin'" performed by The Mamas & the Papas – 2:39
"For What It's Worth" performed by Buffalo Springfield – 2:38
"What the World Needs Now Is Love" performed by Jackie DeShannon – 3:13
"Break on Through (To The Other Side)" performed by The Doors – 2:27
"Mrs. Robinson" performed by Simon & Garfunkel – 3:51

Disc Two
"Volunteers" performed by Jefferson Airplane – 2:04
"Let's Get Together" performed by The Youngbloods – 4:36
"San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Hair)" performed by Scott McKenzie – 2:58
"Turn! Turn! Turn!" performed by The Byrds – 3:54
"Medley: Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In" performed by Fifth Dimension – 4:48
"Everybody's Talkin'" performed by Harry Nilsson – 2:44
"Joy to the World" performed by Three Dog Night – 3:16
"Stoned Love" performed by The Supremes – 2:59
"Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head" performed by B.J. Thomas – 3:00
"Mr. President" performed by Randy Newman – 2:46
"Sweet Home Alabama" performed by Lynyrd Skynyrd – 4:43
"It Keeps You Runnin'" performed by The Doobie Brothers – 4:13
"I've Got to Use My Imagination" performed by Gladys Knight & the Pips – 3:30
"On the Road Again" performed by Willie Nelson – 2:29
"Against the Wind" performed by Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band – 5:33
"Forrest Gump Suite" composed by Alan Silvestri – 8:49

Songs in the movie but not on the soundtrack include:
"Love Her Madly" - The Doors
"Soul Kitchen" - The Doors
"Hello I Love You" - The Doors
"People Are Strange" - The Doors
"Free Bird" - Lynyrd Skynyrd
"All Along the Watchtower" - Jimi Hendrix
"Running On Empty" – Jackson Browne
"Hey Joe" - Jimi Hendrix
"Get Down Tonight" - KC & The Sunshine Band
"Let's Work Together" - Canned Heat
"Tie A Yellow Ribbon" - Tony Orlando & Dawn
"Go Your Own Way" - Fleetwood Mac

knabe

an awesome folk song led zeppelin did was "going to California"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TGLjWPZ9wM

NHR

For cranky cattle in the show barn we play classical music. We always play classical music when we bring in new calves into the show barn seems to work pretty good.
Mozart - Pachabel Cannon In D Minor is a good choice.

Otherwise we just have on pure Texas Country music. Robert Earl Keene, Jerry Jeff Walker, Gary P Nunn, and others. Even play a little Pat Green.

red

I listened to some Fleetwood this morning. Still love they're songs. I think Mr Clapton is about as good as it gets. Also loved the Traveling Wilbury's. Tom Petty is another one of my favorites.
Melissia Etheridge is another one that I like. She's got that smokey, soulful voice.
Good choices DL!

Red

AAOK

I thought of a few more artists/groups that may not have yet been mentioned.  All of these were at Woodstock.

Tim Hardin

Incredible String Band

Ravi Shankar

Richie Havens

Sly and the Family Stone

Bert Sommer

Sweetwater

Quill

Grateful Dead

Keef Hartley Band

Santana

The Band

Ten Years After

Johnny Winter

Janis Joplin

Joe Cocker

Mountain

Sha-Na-Na

John Sebastian

Country Joe and the Fish

Paul Butterfield Blues Band

DL

AAOK said:

I thought of a few more artists/groups that may not have yet been mentioned.  All of these were at Woodstock.

As was I but I don't think I saw you there ;D

Show Heifer

This is a current song, but one I am looking for a ring tone. By a female country singer. Called "Its not my day to care." Its about drinking margaritas and telling everyone to....well.....to go away!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

An older song I enjoy everytime I hear it is "Old time rock and roll." - Bob Segar?
And I still think "Beth" is the best Kiss song ever!! (Ok, I am NOT a Kiss fan, but its a cool song!!!) ;D

A song that makes me laugh is "A boy named Sue" by THE one and only Johnnie Cash.

Brain is tired....will quit on that note (HEHEHEHE)

OH Breeder

Janis Joplin " Bobby Magee", Mercedes Benz
Amy Winehouse "Rehab" and her new CD is pretty retro
Patsy Cline "Three Cigarettes in an Ashtray"
Dave Matthews
Fleetwood Mac "Landslide"
Annie Lennox "Cry"
Randy Travis "Three Wooden Crosses"
Tim McGraw and Faith all there songs
Josh Turner " Long Black Train"
Nina Simone" I Put A Spell On You ","  I Want A Little Sugar In My Bowl " " Here Comes the Sun "    http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/mediaplayer.asp?ean=828768517420&disc=1&track=2
http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Nina-Simone/dp/B000002WPB
Chris Daughtry

Telos

dragon lady said:
AAOK said:

[/quot

True story... During the summer of Woodstock I was attending school at East Central University in Ada, Okahoma. Close to where AAOK is from. My roommate left for Woodstock and asked me if I wanted to go. He hitch- hiked there. I thought he was nuts and could not understand why anyone would want to do such a thing.
When he came back, he was a changed person. So... I envy all you folks who had the the honors of attending such a happening. Jimmy Hendricks performance was profound, to say the least.

AAOK

Telos said:
dragon lady said:
AAOK said:

[/quot

True story... During the summer of Woodstock I was attending school at East Central University in Ada, Okahoma. Close to where AAOK is from. My roommate left for Woodstock and asked me if I wanted to go. He hitch- hiked there. I thought he was nuts and could not understand why anyone would want to do such a thing.
When he came back, he was a changed person. So... I envy all you folks who had the the honors of attending such a happening. Jimmy Hendricks performance was profound, to say the least.

Well, I sure wanted to go, but as much as I wanted to be a Hippie, I had already discovered the rewards of Capitalism.  Two of my really freaky friends went, and didn't find their way home for a couple of years.  I was anticipating my Senior year at Ada High School, and wouldn't dare miss a day of work (which was paying for my new Plymouth GTX). I've seen the movie, and several documentories of the Woodstock "experience".  I think staying home and working played out pretty well for me.  I made enough money to spend a week in Hawaii the following Summer.

BTW Telos: In 1969, you weren't at East Central University.  You were attending East Central State College.  The name change came about in 1975.  I was at the college quite often during my High School days, mostly hanging out at either the Phi Tau's or Chi Omega's dorm.  Small World!

Telos

Yes AAOK, you are exactly right. I did go back Two semester after the name change. I would sometimes help the Ferris's  with getting cattle ready for shows or sales. I really miss those guys. That is one of my favorite parts of the world with many great memories. While I am here... do you happen to have a picture of FR Magic?  I use to have a couple, but threw them away during spring cleaning.

AAOK

The Ferris's were all great folks.  Lots of medical woes through the past 15 years.  As far as I know, Jane is still doing OK.  She and Son-in-law, Tommy Johnson have the ranch.  Still lots of nice cattle grazing that Limestone grass.

I'm pretty sure one of the girls had a picture of FR Magic for their Salesmanship contest at a National Junior Show.  Now, finding it may be quite a task.  I'll see if I can locate it.

aj

Lets try this one.The pott county pork and bean band. Elbee might know of this one. It was more of a 70's band.

Telos

AAOK said:

The Ferris's were all great folks.  Lots of medical woes through the past 15 years.  As far as I know, Jane is still doing OK.  She and Son-in-law, Tommy Johnson have the ranch.  Still lots of nice cattle grazing that Limestone grass.

I'm pretty sure one of the girls had a picture of FR Magic for their Salesmanship contest at a National Junior Show.  Now, finding it may be quite a task.  I'll see if I can locate it.
That would be great if you can find a picture of that boy.

cattlejunky

I don't think he has been mentioned, you gotta have some ROY ORBISON and a little Johnny Cash.  Hank Jr had a lot of good ones.  Some Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon or Meddle.

DL

The iPod is not yet here - I have spent more time on the phone talking to droids than doing chores - but because they want me to be happy they are giving me a new case, speakers and a 50 buck credit - I finally found a human who admitted they have hired a whole bunch of people for the holiday season - everyone was incredibly nice - they just didn't know anything and it was real real frustrating, but anyhow I was gonna get 50 songs so now there are 50 songs on Apple! When I get the list compiled Ill pass it on - Feist is on it Telos!

knabe

ok not the 60's and the perf is kinda shakey, notice comments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPugcCS0JpU&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fhotair%2Ecom%2Farchives%2F2007%2F10%2F01%2Fvideo%2Dvan%2Dhalen%2Dreunites%2F

i saw them on their first tour out of LA, and thought they had a reasonable shot at carrying the torch for led zeppelin.  the rehab look for eddie doesn't have the same feel and roth better actually sing or it's over. can't believe they won't review their footage and be aghast and practice more.  still no match for jimmy page who was a sessions gutiarist before his rock days.

and for something totally goofy

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/star-wars/rocket+powered-21+foot-long-x+wing-model-actually-flies-305976.php

Latest posts