Rendition calf - for Jody!

Help Support Steer Planet:

leanbeef

outspoken said:
must be hard to lead her on crutches. O0

Yeah...I imagine it was! The girl who's showing some cattle for us twisted he knee one day while blowing the heifers. She had to have somebody else lead for her in a couple shows, but she's in a brace now & doing better. She & this heifer made top 4 in state showmanship last week WITH the knee brace!

firesweepranch

leanbeef said:
outspoken said:

Yeah...I imagine it was! The girl who's showing some cattle for us twisted he knee one day while blowing the heifers. She had to have somebody else lead for her in a couple shows, but she's in a brace now & doing better. She & this heifer made top 4 in state showmanship last week WITH the knee brace!

That is pretty good! How did the heifer do at Regionals? I heard it was pretty tough up there! She ended up with no white, huh? I have seen some really nice half bloods, out of angus, that have pretty white blazes out of him.
We have a Summer Sister x macho cow due to him in October that I am excited about. She has no white what so ever, so I hope the calf is not too painted up. Knowing our luck, will probably be another bull calf!
I was looking at his EPD's today, they seem to have took a hit. I never would have thought he had a problem with heifers (though I never bred a heifer to him), but his calving ease is really low! Obviously, he has had some big calves.

leanbeef

firesweepranch said:
leanbeef said:
outspoken said:

That is pretty good! How did the heifer do at Regionals? I heard it was pretty tough up there! She ended up with no white, huh? I have seen some really nice half bloods, out of angus, that have pretty white blazes out of him.
We have a Summer Sister x macho cow due to him in October that I am excited about. She has no white what so ever, so I hope the calf is not too painted up. Knowing our luck, will probably be another bull calf!
I was looking at his EPD's today, they seem to have took a hit. I never would have thought he had a problem with heifers (though I never bred a heifer to him), but his calving ease is really low! Obviously, he has had some big calves.

I had two heifers, and both were solid black. They're real similar in type, but I think this heifer is a tick better. Emily had three heifers in Hattiesburg...I think she had two 2nds and a 3rd?...I'm not certain about that. I don't remember if this heifer stood 2nd or 3rd in class down there. She did win her East TN Regional beef show (Simmental & SimX) and beat some pretty stiff competition there including a $4,000 heifer in class and a $10K heifer for champion, so we were all pretty proud of her! She was 2nd in class to the Champion SimX heifer at the state show.

I also had three bull calves out of Rendition...all blaze faced or baldies. Go figure... None of my birth weights were too big, so I'm not sure what's behind his CE numbers going that direction. The calves are pretty stylish and nice in my opinion, but I actually favor my Blazin Hots.