Replacement Heifer Pic Opinions

Help Support Steer Planet:

Stihlpro

Thinking about using her as a replacement.  I am hoping to get honest opinions.  She is 12/30/07 heifer out of Dr Who and an average commercial angus cow.

Attachments

• Dr Who Heifer.jpg
    Dr Who Heifer.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 492
  • Dr Who Heifer B.JPG
    Dr Who Heifer B.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 481
  • Dr Who Heif C.JPG
    Dr Who Heif C.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 457

chambero

I wouldn't hesitate to keep her in our herd.  Nothing wrong with females out of those kind of mommas. 

Chap

deep, smooth jointed, good hip.  looks like she would make a nice cow.  Keep her

kane1598

I like her and I really like Dr. Who cows.  She could be bred many different ways.  Keep her, she could turn out something special.

yuppiecowboy

I am going to assume you are asking a serious question looking for serious replys, but my first thought was that you were fishing for a compliment and knew darn well what you had.

If that is a marginal replacement heifer I would sure like to see your definite keeper pen.

I have a hard time punching a hole in her from the limited amount we know of her. Deep, easy feeding look, thick enough yet feminine in her appearance, out of bull with a reputaion for being a heifer maker. Shoot, doesnt look she would have embarassed anyone in a showring.

I wouldnt be afraid of her mom being a "nondescript commercial cow". I think you are better off having half non clubby blood in your cows. Too much pretty and wound on pretty and wound can lead to all kinds of interesting things you dont want.

Move those pics to the classified and I bet you would get inquiries for sure.

Stihlpro

Thanks for the replies!  Yuppie- Honestly I wasn't fishing for a compliment.  I live in Western WA & don't see alot of "good" cattle.  Yes I thought she was good but wanted a reality check because Pride can sometimes get in the way of making the right decision.  Thanks again for the opinions! 

inthebarnagain

Stihlpro said:
Thanks for the replies!  Yuppie- Honestly I wasn't fishing for a compliment.  I live in Western WA & don't see alot of "good" cattle.  Yes I thought she was good but wanted a reality check because Pride can sometimes get in the way of making the right decision.  Thanks again for the opinions! 

I live in fear of barn blindness myself!!  That is why I post so many pictures!  By the way, I would keep her if I were you.

Latest posts