Respiratory Problem???

Help Support Steer Planet:

PinkOil Princess

I have ha my new heifer for just over a month she was born in feb. I have noticed that she is constantly seeming to breath heavily even without any activity. Any suggestions as to what the problem might be and how to make it better???

obie105

Is it warm where you are at? Is it a pant like she is hot? Is she fat and hairy? If you have doubts always consult your vet. Respiratory issues can cause other problems if not taken care of but it sounds like she's hot.

PinkOil Princess

I has been pretty cold here. She's not fat she's only about 700 pounds. I guess I will call the breeder or the vet and figure this one out. Thanks anyway

vc

If you are concerned, call the vet. This forum is good for all kinds of information but I think this is one of those situations you are best off by calling your vet, finding out if there is a problem and taking care of it immediately if there is.

For the future, the more info you give the better, you get less assumptions that way.

Out of curiosity is she snotty and if so is it clear or yellow, does she have a temp, does she wheeze if she exerts herself?