don't remember 3-5

ring b
sullivans shorthorn plus
grauers maine
chamberlins (res maine i think)
trbovichs cross
greenawalts shorthorn

tucker

heard mr. hall from cal poly was way off. was it as bad as i heard?

Nasc

I thought both judges done a fine job.
Our steers were checked for air at weigh in.
I suppose all were.

hangonsloopy

Im not one to jump on judges but I thought both of those guys were garbage.  If I had to chose which one was better I would say the guy in ring A for heifers was better,  he at least had some what of a pattern and kept the same type and kind paired if he could, the other guy just went for it and was throwing darts.

bcosu

they were a little bit all over the board. it was interesting though since it appeared it didn't matter what you got in ring a, it was probably going to be different in ring b. i liked the top five as a whole in b more than a. he used good cattle in a, i just thought the five in b made a better set.

steers were pretty interesting at times on saturday.

irh

The judge in ring a was right on with the heifers.  The judge in ring b was to cricial of everything and every heifer in the ring.

OH Breeder

onthegofarmer said:
I seen them testing 8 Steers in the ring and they felt up at checkin looking for air.

At check-in all the market animals were checked for air and oil.

The steer show was pretty consistent. The top animals in each class moved around 1-4 places but were about the same in both rings. We showed in both rings with market heifer and market steer. The heifer was right on the money both times. I thought the gentleman in ring A was more "in touch" with who some of the younger showman were. The gentleman in ring B didn't seem to mind too much who was behind the halter. I thought both judges were much better than the Heart of It All Judges. They kids did a nice job of running the show. You didn't have a terrible wait in Ring B after showing in Ring A. Lets face you can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people all the time.

bcosu

irh said:
The judge in ring a was right on with the heifers.  The judge in ring b was to cricial of everything and every heifer in the ring.

i would agree with this assessment. i liked the cattle in the ring a top 5 don't get me wrong i thought there were surely good enough to win, but i liked the top 5 as a set more in ring b (you could have switched them around some as he admitted). i do think the younger guy was really critical of most calves (we did better under the older guy lol) but i understood what he did at the top.