revive

Help Support Steer Planet:

pigguy

there has to be an alterenative to revive. 1 can a day on 5 heifers, way to expensive. i have a custom spray that i have been mixing since march that i am likeing a lot, it keeps ringworm away and if they have it will cure it. it keeps flys away, it helps train and set the hair, and it keeps the hair condtioned, but i still like to use revive every once in a while. what do you think?

Ruchian

I've never used revive. What all does it do?  I know it helps the hair, but does it o anything else?  I have been mixing some sprays for a couple years that help with the hair along with flies, never have tried it on ringworm though.

shortyjock89

Well, revive is a good conditioner for both hair and skin..I try to use it in the winter to keep the dandruff down, but I also use a pretty common mix for every day..1/3 Vinegar, 1/3 Double Dip, 1/3 Kleen Sheen.  It works pretty good for me.  Some people like to throw in some Bay Rum, Hair Set, or Hair Linament to "pop" the hair, but hard work and my usual mix does a good job for me.

Ruchian

That was one of the mixes I was talking about except we add something to it.  I don't remeber exactly what, it is written down somewhere.

pigguy

i have a few mixes i use. one for conditioning, one for training hair, dandruff, and a daily one? thye all work really good, i lik ethem more then sullivans products

xkrushx

Revive is way too heavy to use every day... Just buy Kleen Sheen by the gallon and if you need to mix it with vinegar, suave conditioner, fungus fighter, or whatever else you feel is needed, do it. This way will help the hair breath more and grow more effectively. Revive can be deadly on an animal in the summer months, especially if you do not use a cooler... it will keep them way too hot... Revive is great to use after you get the adhesive out on showday or if you have a case of dandruff or some other limited uses, but we found that everyday use on hair was not one of them. We have also used revive for short stints in the winter months trying to get the hair trained just right. I'm sure different people have different results, but this was our findings..

Krush

Show Heifer

Infusium leave in conditioner. I buy it at a discount store, dilute it a bit with water (1/2 water). Then I spray it on and brush it in.  If dandruff shows up, I use it full strength!

NHR

maine12 said:
there has to be an alterenative to revive. 1 can a day on 5 heifers, way to expensive. i have a custom spray that i have been mixing since march that i am likeing a lot, it keeps ringworm away and if they have it will cure it. it keeps flys away, it helps train and set the hair, and it keeps the hair condtioned, but i still like to use revive every once in a while. what do you think?

Whats your custome mix?