Ring Worm problem

Help Support Steer Planet:

FriedgesCharolais

I have a cow with ring worm around its eyes and also a spot on her round...,anyone know any tricks to get rid of them? i have heard diesel fuel but idk about using it around her eyes. Any ideas would be much apprieciated.

justintime

I have read some SP members recommend using Fluid Film ( a lubricant sold by John Deere and a few other places). We had some bulls with ringworm in our bull test and we were weighing them on Thursday and Friday of last week. At teh end of test, we weigh the bulls on two successive days and then use an average of the two days weights. We sprayed several of the bulls with the worst ringworm and I was amazed that it looked much better 24 hours later. I  noticed that the Fluid Fim foamed up when it was sprayed on the ringworm and it did nothing when sprayed on normal skin and hair. It may take another treatment or two, but the improvement in 1 day was amazing.

COWgirls

How did the fluid film effect the hair beyond the ringworm area?

fryguy

Had the same problem with a heifer with ring worm around the eye. Took a sponge, soaked it with coke and scrubbed the ring worm area. Only did it a couple of times and the ring worm cleared right up. Hope this helps and I learned about this on steer planet from another post.  ;D

Cattle7

Spray fluid flim on it then spray M-T-G from Shapelys on there. MTG works wonders on growing hair!