Ring worm

Help Support Steer Planet:

amss101

Alrighty....we hadn't had a case of ring worm in A LOT of years but drug it in with one of the calves we bought for this year-hee haw!  Any good remedies to clear it up or hurry it up...someone told me final bloom had worked for them???  What all have ya'll tried and worked?

Steve123

Rocal D Plus- mix as directed and spray right on the ring worm spots.  Also mist the other calves with it and all of your equiptment.

braunvieh

What is Rocal-D? I have used iodine and also the antifungal creams and sprays. Last year we had it really bad and it took some of them MONTHS to clear up, others it was healing in a week or so.

doubled

We use Monostat 7- works really well, hair grows back good but the guy at walmart looks at you funny when you buy like 7 tubes at once (lol)

Steve123

I spelled it wrong- Roccal D Plus

Here is the link to it in Valley Vets catalog.

http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=30e0778e-7b6a-11d5-a192-00b0d0204ae5#Reviews

CAB

If you want to be rid of it as quickly and simply as possible, Fulvison. You can get it from your vet, use to come in bolus form,but the last time I talked to my vet, which was less than a year ago, he had it in powder form. Estimate= $10..00/hd. Brent

kdukart

Use fluid film it works better than all the others. you can buy at your local tractor supply store.

Davis Shorthorns

this year we used a tooth brush with iodine and then put some athletes foot cream over that.  We then sprayed with a anti fungal spray all over the body to keep it from spreading.

red

I use both a bleach pen & fluid flim after it scabs over.
There is a thread up towards the top on skin issues.

Red

txshowlamb

I used a ton of things from sullivans ring worm stuff to tea tree oil to all the sprays and many more the one and only thing that worked for me was triodine the only problem is you can only get it from a vet thankfully my friends dad is a vet and we where able to get some it works and kills it within 24 hours as of what i was told...it seemed to work so IMO

doubled

nd steer jock said:
Use fluid film it works better than all the others. you can buy at your local tractor supply store.
We tried fluid film I thought it hurt the calf too much

kdukart

justamom said:
nd steer jock said:
We tried fluid film I thought it hurt the calf too much

I don't know what type you use but it does not hurt are calves in any way because the main ingredient is lanolin.

CAB

DL, have you had any experience with the Fulvison products? Is it OK to use with a vets prescript? If PPL are using something for a few show cattle I think that you can't beat this product. One time and you're done with it. Have any of you ever seen the same calf have ring worm more than once? To me this is a topic that is over done, treat them once and be done with them instead of worrying about it every day. Brent

inthebarnagain

Vittetoe sells some stuff called Stop N Grow.  It is black walnut and iodine and you feed it to them.  On their website it is under the sheep stuff but if you call them they will give you the cattle one.  It works GREAT.  It is little pellets that you feed them that will get rid of it and we fed it before we went to shows and never got it all year and we were around cattle covered in ringworm early on. 

red

someone suggested bacon grease to us. Worked OK but the blue heeler kept following the calf & licking it off!

Red  (dog)