absolutely. it lived in the wood of barns, and especially around warm places, like where the cattle lay. it can also stay on brushes, combs, buckets, feedpans, clipper blades, etc.
to kill it, wash everything little combs & blades, with an anti-fungal dip or a light bleach solution. make sure to clean this off very fast, as bleach will rust metal. for the wood, and pen area, get a pump up garden sprayer, and make a 1:4- bleach:water solution. use HOT water an spray everything. mist it on there until it's saturated, but not so much that the water will run off.