RIP - clubcalves.com message board

Help Support Steer Planet:

shorthorns r us

this was posted on there tonight.

"Since some people apparently do not have the brains or the manners to be respectful to others on this message board, each posting will now have to be "approved" before it is posted.

Postings will no longer be instantaneous."

sjcattleco

LOL I posted several things on there just to test it out... who has time to sit and monitor and read all that crap.... The owners of these sites get these emails and calls from people whineing about that crap.... If I owned CC.com I would never read that board and just go on about my day collecting the checks...

red

Wow, that is too bad. I haven't been reading the other boards for a bout a week. what happened?

Red

Jill

There were some really really rude posts that went up yesterday on that board, something needed to be done to stop it, but I don't know that that is the right answer either.

CAB

There were many posts there by Chris Johnson that were way out of line. He was on more than 1 line. I think I would have blocked him, but then he/she would just change user name. I guess the best way to deal with that is not to respond as sjcattle co. cowboy logis statement says.
  By the way sj, there were some good comments about your bull on another board yesterday, and I really hate to say an idiot that bashed him also, Sincerely sorry about the basher.

knabe

there was one thread pulled after 6 responses, one of which was mine stating that going after people over the message board where there may have been nonpayment and then badmouthing people.  i stated that one response amounted to assault as they wanted someone's address so they could go there and extricate funds.  i suggested they go through the better business bureau, small claims court and they thought that was too onerous.

jason

CAB said:
  There were many posts there by Chris Johnson that were way out of line. He was on more than 1 line. I think I would have blocked him, but then he/she would just change user name. I guess the best way to deal with that is not to respond as sjcattle co. cowboy logis statement says.
  By the way sj, there were some good comments about your bull on another board yesterday, and I really hate to say an idiot that bashed him also, Sincerely sorry about the basher.

They should be able to block his ip, which if he is on highspeed, it doesn't change too often.

JSchroeder

They obviously know enough to code custom pages for the new MyShowbarn, etc.  Why don't they get off that 10 year old boardhost forum?