Help Support Steer Planet:

P-F

I was shocked to see Rito 8E8 on the list
Then I saw 9J9
Which means 8E8 got it through his dam 5H11

At least Fullback is clean ;D

I was hopeing to only have to test the 3 precision desendents that I have
Oh well I guess I have to test everything

I just finished cleaning our herd of PHA, and know I have to test all of my females, this time I have to do the comm Angus

This just SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

I thought I was done with this genetic testing

??? ??? :mad: :mad:

Cattledog

Sorry to hear that. The only thing that could have put me in danger is if E161 and Midland were carriers.  Luckily they aren't!  I love my Midland and E161 cows!

zangus

I spoke with an older angus man last night.  He had not seen the list.  The first bull he asked about was Rito 9J9.  Looks like he already thought there was a problem with this bull. 

Cattledog

zangus said:
I spoke with an older angus man last night.  He had not seen the list.  The first bull he asked about was Rito 9J9.  Looks like he already thought there was a problem with this bull. 

Yeah, my grandpa told me he had some problems when with Rito 9J9.  He used him heavily at one point and had a son that he used to clean up the herd.  He said that he had more missed cycles than anything and a couple of messed up calves.  I guess you could chalk up the missed cycles as natures way of saying something wasn't right.  He said that he should have reported it but thought it was due to different factors.  Actually the vet said not to worry about it!  My Grandpa was proactive and didn't use the bull on related animals.  He already found cheap labor in me to help out pulling samples to test his herd.  ;D  I guess I just need to find out if drawing blood is what I need to do.  Does anyone know yet?