Royal Elite Sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

Millbrookshortys

Here are some update pictures of our consignments to the Royal Elite sale in Toronto Ontario. The roan heifer is SB BORN THIS WAY1Y she is a CF V8 Versatile out of a Shadybrook Scotty 83k x Byland Turbo son and she originates from Reg Daly's Echodale herd. The red heifer is MILLBROOK LE ROSE and was recently named reserve heifer calf champion at the canadian national show, she is a Shadybrook Limited Edition (08 canadian national champ) out of a Shadybrook Scotty daughter.

Attachments

• AB11-11-0007 (800x532).jpg
    AB11-11-0007 (800x532).jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 647
  • AB11-11-9977 (800x532).jpg
    AB11-11-9977 (800x532).jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 629

redcows

Nice!! My wife have plans to attend the Royal this year for the first time. It looks like we can buy a weekly pass to the bus system and get around town pretty well. Is this the case, or do we need to rent a car?

worthabit

redcows said:
Nice!! My wife have plans to attend the Royal this year for the first time. It looks like we can buy a weekly pass to the bus system and get around town pretty well. Is this the case, or do we need to rent a car?
The bus and taxi services are really good. Unless you are use to driving in a large city I wouldn't recommend renting a car.

redcows

Thanks. That's what I wanted to know. I'll leave the driving to someone else. The travel agent said it looks like bus and taxi should be fine, but good to hear it from someone who has been there for the Royal.  Things were easy at Agribition last year with shuttle service from airport to fairgrounds to and from motel etc.

uluru

Taxi and Public Transportation will work well for the Royal
A lot will depend on which hotel you are staying at
Downtown is easy to get around with the Public Trans system

Enjoy the city
It has a lot to offer.

redcows

Our motel reservations are at a Howard Johnson's on Roncesvalles Avenue and by the map appears managable to the fairgrounds etc.
The Royal website looks like there are good restaurants right on the grounds. Other restaurant suggestions in the area would be helpful.Would be great to see photos of cattle going to the Royal whether in the sale or just to the show. Sandy just looked over my shoulder and asked if anyone had an idea about the weather forcast....it was brisk at Agribition last year.

Okotoks

Millbrookshortys said:
Here are some update pictures of our consignments to the Royal Elite sale in Toronto Ontario. The roan heifer is SB BORN THIS WAY1Y she is a CF V8 Versatile out of a Shadybrook Scotty 83k x Byland Turbo son and she originates from Reg Daly's Echodale herd. The red heifer is MILLBROOK LE ROSE and was recently named reserve heifer calf champion at the canadian national show, she is a Shadybrook Limited Edition (08 canadian national champ) out of a Shadybrook Scotty daughter.
Those Shadybrook Scotty 83K daughters sure appear to be producers. That red heifer is great (clapping)

worthabit

redcows said:
Our motel reservations are at a Howard Johnson's on Roncesvalles Avenue and by the map appears managable to the fairgrounds etc.
The Royal website looks like there are good restaurants right on the grounds. Other restaurant suggestions in the area would be helpful.Would be great to see photos of cattle going to the Royal whether in the sale or just to the show. Sandy just looked over my shoulder and asked if anyone had an idea about the weather forcast....it was brisk at Agribition last year.
You should be looking at daytime temps around 8-10 degrees celsius and might get below freezing at night.

sue

uluru said:
Taxi and Public Transportation will work well for the Royal
A lot will depend on which hotel you are staying at
Downtown is easy to get around with the Public Trans system

Enjoy the city
It has a lot to offer.