Rumor Mill

Help Support Steer Planet:

tande

I had planned on using Rumor Mill this year but his semennprice jumped up to $50 a straw anyone know if there is a reason why?

PWolfe

Thank you, Tande, for entertaining the idea of using Rumor Mill and implementing his genetics into your herd. Pertaining to your inquiry, the owners, Blind Badger Ranch, Shea Geffert, Bob May, and myself decided, as a result of moving quite a few units and having a limited quantity, to increase the price to 50 dollars/unit. Rumor Mill is currently at our place, where we are using his services naturally. Once he has accomplished what we need him to, he will be taken to Great Lakes Sire Services in Michigan to be collected. If he produces well and there is enough in storage, semen cost will be reduced.

With the increase of Rumor Mill's usage, we have heard from many breeders that his offspring has been the most consistently high quality calves they have ever had; what has also been pleasing is that he has been used on an array of types and breeds of cattle. One of his sons, Rumor Has It, is gaining popularity and increased sales.

Rumor Mill is a 5/8 Maine-Anjou sired by Mercedes Benz out of an Irish Whiskey/Oscar 711 cow. He is both THF and PHAF. Another bonus is that he has proven to be a calving ease bull.

If I can answer any questions, or if anyone has comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to call or text me at 937-546-4511; I'd be more than happy to assist you in any way I possibly can.

Thank you,

Pat Wolfe
Ohio

Barry Farms

PWolfe said:
Rumor Mill is a 5/8 Maine-Anjou sired by Mercedes Benz out of an Irish Whiskey/Oscar 711 cow. He is both THF and PHAF. Another bonus is that he has proven to be a calving ease bull.

Had a 1200# 3 year old bred to RM have a calf the same day as a 900# 2 year old heifer bred to Right Answer (Angus). Rumor Mill calf was really lively, about 65 lbs and a heifer. Smaller than this cow's Angus heifer last year. The Right Answer was about 80 lbs and a bull. Even if he gained 10 lbs from being a bull he was still heavier. Also he was out of a heifer. Interesting.

Latest posts