rusty the redneck 1980

Help Support Steer Planet:

the angus111

Telos,you being a chef and me being a dumb country kid that thought fine dining was eating at DQ on friday nights.well in 1980 I met the then woman of my dreams,she was a student at at bauder fashion college in arlington texas,me a wanna be fitter for larues cattle service.she had upbringing,upscale and social,give me enough beer and i was too.anyways her family takes me to a fancy place in dallas called ratcliffs,real cloth napkins,more forks and spoons then you needed,this dude poured your beer,put the napkin in your lap.here is the stupid part i must be a redneck ,talk about feeling like a fool,he asked what i wanted for my entree,i didnt know what that was,anyways i acted all cool and asked for shrimp cocktail,four little shrimps,could ate all them with one bite.they did have good bread,had 2 loafs.i thought i would bore you with what use to be.rusty 

DL

Good story - did you wear the polyester bell bottoms? and was that the end or beginning of a beautiful relationship? (cow)

the angus111

DL,I had given up the bell bottoms by then and made the switch to wranglers,wound up marrying this gal for 14 years.Its a corny story,but I was thinking how things have changed since then.How easy life was,meeting parentsand going to dinner with them.Not much of that happens anymore.We were not as smart as the kids are now,but what we had that alot of kids dont have now is common sense.Its ranting !Couuld age be catching up with me.... Rusty

the angus111

oh red! not blue at all.i just worry about our kids and there future.Elbee I am pretty sure my dad thought the same thing about me and probably lot more.with age comes wisdom,how old do you got to be? rusty swks

ELBEE

Knabe, probably has the exact time in his bowl full of trivia. But I believe scientists figure the wisdom enzyme starts growing in to the brain around age 24-26.

Show Heifer

Worrying about the kids these days? You have the right too. LOOK AT THEIR PARENTS!!
I have seen parents care more about a show animal than the welfare of their kids. I have seen parents leave kids (6-8 years old) unsupervised at a fair. I have seen parents make excuses for their 15 yr olds OWI. I have seen parents defend their kid when caught breaking the rules. Heck, I have seen parents TELL their kids how to break the laws.
I have seen parents babysit their "kids" (15-18 yrs old). I have seen parents give their kids EVERYTHING they want.
A few months ago, a newcast reported that the parents of a 3 and 4 year old were in jail for making the kids smoke maraguina (sp) AND VIDEO TAPING IT!!!
So, before pointing the finger at the kids, make you need to look at the pathetic parenting some of these kids have!!

A3- I am sure you and I were "parented" the same way.....I worry too!!