Sale Calf Pictures (added one more again) Update

Help Support Steer Planet:

cpubarn

I had been through the calves a week or two ago and they all looked very nice.  Many different types of cattle.

I was looking through the heifers mostly.  They have definitely been worked with and looked ready to go even then to me.

They should give someone a good headstart.

Mark

doubled

cpubarn said:
I had been through the calves a week or two ago and they all looked very nice.  Many different types of cattle.

I was looking through the heifers mostly.  They have definitely been worked with and looked ready to go even then to me.

They should give someone a good headstart.

Mark
Mark

Thank you for your kind words, the boys work hard- I can only imagine the PMs you got - glad you thought the calves were good

doubled

Update on the Full Draft
was reserve Grand Champion at his 1st show

doubled

Well it was here in Iowa, and they guys said there were like 6 or 7 classes of prospect steers and the same for heifers, not a huge show, my son said
the quality was pretty good, maybe a little better than some years but it was fun for them to take the calves out and get them show ready,
that is a big plus just to have them out among the people to get them used to the hub bub.  guess the blue roan showed like a pro, the full draft steer
behaved good was was a little antsey at times.  Otherwise a good day overall I guess. If you knew the boys they just cant stay away from shows.

oakbar

Hey Justamom,

Stopped to see the boys and their calves today.  Impressive set of calves.  Congratulations on the the Champion Heifer and Reserve Steer at the Waterloo show!!
I really like both of them.  I also like the Hannibal heifer---in time she may be better than the blue roan!!  As I said, good set of calves and good set of young men(all seven of them) that were working with them.  We enjoyed our stop there!!   

My wife and daughter also enjoyed the patrons of the St Anthony bar when they made a pit stop there.  They mentioned something about the "Red Neck Days" were already in full swing and they had been invited back for the evening festivities.  Too bad we had to move along!!

Oakbar

doubled

Thanks for the compliments, yes Kurt thinks that Hannabal heifer might be super tough someday, but he still likes the blue roan and the simmi alot-  HA HA I had no idea he had
so many guys working on the calves, Ill tell ya they invest alot of time and effort into those calves.  That St. Anthony bar has really good food for a hole in the wall,
the guys would go hungry if it wasnt for that bar feeding them.  She usually already knows what they want and just brings a big jug of ice tea to the table for them
before they even order.  Glad you all enjoyed it, its nice to know that others appreciate the work they are doing and they really are good kids.

Here is that Hannabal x mojo that Oakbar was talking about

Attachments

• Hannibal x mojo.jpeg
    Hannibal x mojo.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 196