Sale Catalog

Help Support Steer Planet:

klintdog

If anyone is bored, I'd love it if you'd take a look at the sale catalog I put together for this year. In the past we've always sent out a small brochure/spreadsheet that listed the bulls information on it, but this year I wanted to do something more substantial, so I put together a catalog highlighting our consignment offerings and our private treaty animals. I did all the design myself and I am also doing all of the printing, colating, and binding myself. By my math it's coming out at half the cost of having it professionally done (including the cost of the printer and paper).

The link is:
http://issuu.com/sickler/docs/phgcatalog?mode=embed&documentId=090119223719-2faeac3255ea48458d266d0e867e3723&layout=grey

Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear any feedback - good and bad.

klintdog

One thing I should add - apparently Acrobat 9 wasn't playing nice with the fonts I used to create the document, so if you see any weird case issues, it's because Acrobat decided to replace those fonts with it's default fonts if you don't have the same fonts installed on your system.

Animals without frame scores were not measured at the time I published.

CPL

I think it looks very nice. I'm sure if you wouldn't have said anything I'd have taken it for a professionally designed one, but I also think that about your site. Good job!

furinsilex

i like it the font is alittle screwy in places, but you have explained that.  I will be needing some flyers made this summer think you could give me some pointers when we get closer?

klintdog

furinsilex said:
i like it the font is alittle screwy in places, but you have explained that.  I will be needing some flyers made this summer think you could give me some pointers when we get closer?

Oh I suppose I could help you out, or do it for a small fee :) I'm going to have to mess with Acrobat some more and figure out a way to get the fonts in there, maybe post a JPG or something so you can see what it's supposed to look like.

Anything you'd like to see, or recommend removing?