Sale Reports: Smilin Bob?

Help Support Steer Planet:

RSC

Would like to hear what those that have seen his calves on sales have thought of his calves? $$$ ?

What's he working on?

Thanks,

Tony

sams

Reports I have heard about are,

Steer at Lynch's in Iowa $15000.00
Steer in Nebraska $11750.00
Heifer in Nebraska $7500.00

The Steer and Heifer were at the same place but I cant remember how to spell the name so I don't want to make any one mad so I left the name off, These reports were from last weekend, I don't know what the calves at Gottemoller's brought,
There is one of the best steers I've ever seen at Wade Rogers He is a Smilin Bob X Full Flush.

Also to let everyone know Smilin Bob has cracked a bone in his hip, we don't know if we will ever get him to collect again, it was a freak accident and we are trying to get him fixed so we can collect him again, but as of now we have a limited supply available. We are going to try to keep the price reasonable as long as we can.

Sam

twistedhshowstock

Wow I really hate to hear that about Smilin Bob. He was one of my favorite promo bulls of all time and I was fairly impressed with his 1st calf crop, I am really excited on what may be coming in the 2nd calf crop if he gets bred to some of the higher end cows.  Maybe I out to put a few straws in the tank even though I have nothing to breed him to at the moment.

nck21

We put 18 Smilin Bob x Money Man embryos in this May so we should have quite a few calves next year. This year we had four calves out of that mating, we are keeping a bull and a heifer. The bull is red and is really heavy muscled and sound and the heifer we are going to show at the Kansas Beef Expo. We are selling another flushmate (a steer) in the Kansas Junior Livestock Show a week from tomorrow. Very pleased with the calves.

RSC

sams said:
Reports I have heard about are,

Steer at Lynch's in Iowa $15000.00
Steer in Nebraska $11750.00
Heifer in Nebraska $7500.00

The Steer and Heifer were at the same place but I cant remember how to spell the name so I don't want to make any one mad so I left the name off, These reports were from last weekend, I don't know what the calves at Gottemoller's brought,
There is one of the best steers I've ever seen at Wade Rogers He is a Smilin Bob X Full Flush.

Also to let everyone know Smilin Bob has cracked a bone in his hip, we don't know if we will ever get him to collect again, it was a freak accident and we are trying to get him fixed so we can collect him again, but as of now we have a limited supply available. We are going to try to keep the price reasonable as long as we can.

Sam
Best of luck, I hope he turns around.