Salute calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

sw

How are the Salute calves, and how well would he work on a Heat Seeker Cow? Thanks for any replies

frostback

I have had 3. All have gone over their due dates, one 10 days and two 5. Not a heifer bull but I only had to help one that was out of a 13 year old angus. It was a easy pull though. I have had 2 heifers that I really like and the bull is not going to make a good steer but he is growing and gaining well. He may not work well on angus. The other two heifers are out of purebreds and look great. I am using him this year on my purebreds and may try him on a few halfbloods.Frostback

red

I've been hearing really good comments on the Salute calves. Really good comments w/ lots of bone & good structure.
My only concern on a Heatseeker cow would be that the Salute calves seem to run big. Heatseeker genetics typically do too. I'd be a little concerned about birth weights. any one else have any thoughts or feedback?

Red

cattlechick

From the reports the calves had been pretty big, even out of some low BW angus cows. Of course its all a risk though! How old is your cow? How big of calves does she normally have and what bulls were they out of?

Latest posts