San Antonio Open Braunvieh Show-

Help Support Steer Planet:

Wes Hudson had a bad day in San Antonio, obviously the worst sort on cattle our breed has seen in years. No politics involved to my knowledge, many many great ones stood last in class.

frostback

Allgood Show Cattle said:
Wes Hudson had a bad day in San Antonio, obviously the worst sort on cattle our breed has seen in years. No politics involved to my knowledge, many many great ones stood last in class.

Who picks the judges?

Darkside

Randy it sounds like a day I had at the Royal. It makes me fell sorry for the exhibitor and embarrassed for the judge. How did True Grit get along?
Cut the BS, I would love to hear what Braunvieh cane codes you have, I may be able to help or make a few calls to help you.
                                  Eric Armintrout

kfacres

Darkside said:
Randy it sounds like a day I had at the Royal. It makes me fell sorry for the exhibitor and embarrassed for the judge. How did True Grit get along?
Cut the BS, I would love to hear what Braunvieh cane codes you have, I may be able to help or make a few calls to help you.
                                   Eric Armintrout

BV178.. almost 20 straws (think 17), no stud code listed.
41BU2966, either 3 or 5 straws..

came with a tank I just purchased...

When you call a guy out your gonna catch a little flack, reports of me having mediocre cattle ate surfacing and I think most know I don't feed anything but really good ones, so those replies are from true idiots. Here is the new issue- .  At any rate I've had 10x more people approach me that there is an obvious brotherhood between many breeder/judges that show favoritism or bias to each other and also use the connection for black balling as well.  Many want to expose it and shut it down.  This same situation arose in Houston many years ago with what I call the sifting Mafia, it consist of prominent ast/cea's as well as breeders and steer jocks all connected all in bed together all crooked.  I've been for years trying to expose this crap and shut it down, fact is I'm vocal to a fault and really don't care if I offend someone who is a crook or on the wrong side of right, fact is I have the balls and integrity with the people that matter to say what needs to be said and expose the truth! 

rarebirdz

My son stood last last fall our steer was good imo but the judge liked the others better. As a mother I watched some bad sports and some great ones 1 kid even helped fit reggy for his class when people act badly in public you ruin it for everyone if I were to have had a temper tantrum are little family adventure would have been no fun for anyone instead of a great learning experience that we all had fun in

knabe

Why don't you just become a judge?

The show placings just don't matter.

No ones gonna care that your bull wasn't a triple crown winner.

If he's good, he's good.

I don't see you discussing him on your website about his previous wins. 

The braunvieh website needs to be updated as well.

Isn't he a percentage bull?

Why isn't he a purebred?  Did he lose to a "fullblood"

If so, I have a bias to tolerate a little less perfection with Fullbloods than crossbreds as the don't benefit from hybrid vigor

doc-sun

we live very close to wes hudson and have shown under him many times the last 30 years.  he has always liked the same type of cattle from day one and is one of the most consistent judges i have ever seen.  i guess he must like what i do because we have always done well when he judged.  the same cattle have also done well under other judges.  size has never mattered alot as long as they had some volume, were structurally correct and had long clean front end.  i think wes would have a hard time finding a braunveih pretty enough for him.  i've never seen him change the type of cattle he used so i doubt he had a bad day.  the cattle he liked just belonged to someone else.  did you do your homework?  sometimes you have to take what the judge likes to the show and leave the others at home.

herf96

When you call a guy out your gonna catch a little flack, reports of me having mediocre cattle ate surfacing and I think most know I don't feed anything but really good ones, so those replies are from true idiots. Here is the new issue- .  At any rate I've had 10x more people approach me that there is an obvious brotherhood between many breeder/judges that show favoritism or bias to each other and also use the connection for black balling as well.  Many want to expose it and shut it down.  This same situation arose in Houston many years ago with what I call the sifting Mafia, it consist of prominent ast/cea's as well as breeders and steer jocks all connected all in bed together all crooked.  I've been for years trying to expose this crap and shut it down, fact is I'm vocal to a fault and really don't care if I offend someone who is a crook or on the wrong side of right, fact is I have the balls and integrity with the people that matter to say what needs to be said and expose the truth! 

You actually called a guy out on a forum I doubt he knows exists, HMMMMM..... Balls and Integrity, right!!!

herf96

I guess I was late to the ballgame, and did not read the other posts.  I am glad you appologized to Wes, he is a great man.  Just don't know why you brought it up again in this thread, really thought it was two different threads and two different deals until I read the some of the other thread.  Still to appologize and bring it back on a forum I doubt he knows exiists.  WOW!!

Latest posts