Sarah Palin

Help Support Steer Planet:

AAOK

Suppose this picture was taken right before the Boy friend agreed to marry the daughter?
  This Gal is already changing the world!

VP1.jpg

krissy94

mccain sure knew what he was doing when he picked her....i would vote for them if i were old enough  <party> <party>

chambero

They didn't picture her with the real guns she probably uses in Alaska.  Probably something suitable for grizzlies.

I'm scared we (people in rural areas and hunters) are way too outnumbered by city folks who hunting has at best no relevance and at worst a deterrent to liking someone.  However, hopefully a lot of women will be swayed this direction.

I really wouldn't be opposed to a good democrat, but that's not what we've got this time.  Whatever happened to the old southern democrats?  We used to have some good ones in this state that weren't out so far in left field.  I guess maybe McCain in some ways might have fell in that category 20 years ago.

Jill

Chambero I was thinking as I was reading that that is what McCain used to be, middle of the road really didn't fit in either party. 
Never thought I'd vote for a woman, but I can't say that anymore.

showsteerdlux

chambero said:
I really wouldn't be opposed to a good democrat, but that's not what we've got this time.  Whatever happened to the old southern democrats?  We used to have some good ones in this state that weren't out so far in left field.  I guess maybe McCain in some ways might have fell in that category 20 years ago.
We were discussing this at the Volunteer Fire Department a couple of weeks ago and one fella said something that made a lot of since to me. He said back in the 40's the parties switched. Todays republicans are the old democrats for the most part and now the democrats are MOSTLY out in left field liberals. I am personally neither a Dem or Rep. but I will vote on the person and where they stand not on what party they are associated with.

chambero

Jill said:
Chambero I was thinking as I was reading that that is what McCain used to be, middle of the road really didn't fit in either party. 

Jill:

Come to think of it, it is pretty amazing that the first woman in high office might actually not be a "big city girl" or a minority from a city.  You could have probably gotten good odds on that bet a year ago.

Her closest contemporary might be Justice Sandra Day O'Connor.  If she could only come close to what that woman represented she will have done well.

SWMO

chambero said:
Jill said:

Jill:

Come to think of it, it is pretty amazing that the first woman in high office might actually not be a "big city girl" or a minority from a city.  You could have probably gotten good odds on that bet a year ago.

Her closest contemporary might be Justice Sandra Day O'Connor.  If she could only come close to what that woman represented she will have done well.

I whole heartedly agree Chambero.  I have always had a great deal of respect for Sandra Day O'Connor.  I think O'Connor is amazing, Margaret Thatcher and hopefully Sarah Palin will fall in that group of great women.  She is certainly on the right track.

BIGTEX

I saw her shake a bunch of Policeman's hands, I have never seen bigger smiles. Those young men loved it.

Joe Boy

I hope she is a better shot than our present VP.

She is the most attractive woman we have had to run for a major office in our country.  She is attractive in that she did what she told the Alaskan voters what she would do, far better than most of our present leaders.

I told my wife that we have so many prejudice people in our country, that I wondered who they would vote for a black with an Arab name or a woman.

Morality does not know party lines.  Look at how many from both major parties have fallen on their moral faces.  Morality is more than sexual problems, too.  It is lying, failing to execute promise, failing your country during dark hours, claiming you did something you did not do, claiming you did not do something you did do, overspending, etc.  Americans need morally restored to Washington, period.

I think I have gotten to be more of an isolationist as I have gotten older.  I would tell S. Korea, import our beef or we are going home and your sales are going with us.  Much of Europe fails to appreciate what we have done for them, especially, France.  Our blood, sweat and industry helped rebuild the world but few appreciate us or our soldiers.  The Mideast would be nothing without our technology and investments, yet, they hate us and killed us on September 11Th.  We need Theodore Roosevelt or Harry Truman to stand up for America.