Satellite Internet

Help Support Steer Planet:

KYsteer

I am tired of waiting for DSL to not come out to our farm.  I am looking now at Satellite Internet.  I am sure that a few people on here use this now.  I am curious what company you use and how your experience has been with it so far?

savaged

We've had Hughes Net for about 4 years now, and have been pretty satisfied.  Storms can interfere with the connection, but it is an infrequent problem.  I think that proper installation of these systems is critical.  Good alignment and mounted on a firmly set piece of 2 inch conduit.  We also have ours mounted near the house and out of strong wind, which I'll bet has helped.    MUCH faster than dial-up.

minimoo38

i'm here in west central iowa, and we have ours just through a local company. I LOVE IT!!!!! we also have a wireless-maker-box-thing (scientific, huh?). it really works great for my laptop, since it's the always-on internet, and it doesn't tie up a phone line. ours has never gone down even in the most violent storms.

Jenny

We here in south central South Dakota have our wireless internet through our cell phone provider, Verizon.
We too got very tired of our dial up access and what we really wanted to see over internet were all the auctions that are carried live by internet. 
This wireless access is kinda expensive ($59.00/month) for unlimited access but it is a luxury we make ourselves afford. 

justintime

We have wireless internet from a local company and it has been great. Actually the family that started the business and built several towers in neighbouring communities are Simmental breeders so our high speed internet even has a cattle connection. It has been GREAT!. My wife and I both have computers and she does lots of ad layout and website design and we used to have to take turned being on the internet. With dial up we had to leave the internet to make a phone call... or use a cell phone. With high speed, we can both be on the internet, take calls on the land line phone, and/ or cell phone and  both download at the same time. As for cost for the high speed wireless, it is less than we were paying for our snail pace dial up. We get unlimited access to high speed internet for $50/ month... and all the set up and any trouble repair work has been free.. at least so far.

red

we have service through a local company. The tower is in direct line w/ our satelite so that is a big help. Had some connection problems at first but they worked the kinks out.
Warning- Lightning can strike it & fry your modem card in the computer!!!!!

(lol) Red

Latest posts