Saw the bull " N - Charge " yesterday!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cowboy

Went up to McCallum's yesterday for a bit -- go to see N-Charge !!!!

Holy Crap -- I have never seen a bull his age that has the top he has! He scanned over 18 inch rib eye at a little over a year -- you can not get your hand across his top fm the back bone out to the rib -- it is HUGE.

Doran said there is only oneplace to get his semen -- he has almost 300 units down at SEK -- his first calves will be here in a few weeks -- and I tink thevery first one is coming from a 3/4 Charolais hfr.  That will be a Smokey deluxe.

I know that female line personally, IMO you will be hard pressed to find a more complete Clubby bull, thickness takes on a whole NEW meaning! I stood there and scratched his lower leggs -- and I couldn't get TWO hands around them -- without the 2 inches of hair he had at the ankle! I was impressed --

I used several units of his semen this spring on several donors and A-I cows for several people -- it is GOOD stuff -- REALLY good -- so quality will not be an issue! It is processed at 45 million here in McCook Ne -- they do a tremendous job there at Neb Bull Service.

Go GET SOME -- as they say -- hehehe!

Terry

Cowboy

He is PHA possitive, wish hw wasn't but he ets it from his grandmother -- she is a Payback.

Personally, I think the bull will really moderate frame size, however there is frame in the pedigree frm both Payback and from his sire Hannaball (SP). He will most deffinately add muscle, shape and dimension, and BONE & TOP. Loads of hair as well.

He is standing at the breeder's facility in Culbertson Ne -- that is close to McCook and about an hour or so south of North Platte Ne. Disposition is tops I might add.

At any rate --he is a good one to look at for sure -- has a ton of lower quarter.

I normally don't get all excited bout these young bulls, but this one is really a stand out.

He has been sting on semen volume, and the stud will not let anyting out that is not top flight -- they are REALLY particular on that, trust me. The semen that is out there is really good stuff.

Nuf said -- wish he was mine!!!!

Terry

shorthorngirl2010

Terry,
I, on behalf of the barn, would like to thank you for the complement!  You are correct, Brian & Donetta are very particular, but for good reason  (thumbsup).  Speaking of N-Charge, im gonna run, so I can go freeze in the cool room & fill some straws :D.  Look forward to seein' ya up there again sir!
-Sam

cowman

shorthorngirl2010 said:
Terry,
I, on behalf of the barn, would like to thank you for the complement!  You are correct, Brian & Donetta are very particular, but for good reason  (thumbsup).  Speaking of N-Charge, im gonna run, so I can go freeze in the cool room & fill some straws :D.  Look forward to seein' ya up there again sir!
-Sam

Who do I call to look at him over Christmas back home???...gonna be in Hershey.

Cowboy

If you are going to be pretty close -- give Doran a call on his cell --

308-340-9108, he takes the bull to the stud every week - collects him, and takes him back home. It's only 20 miles or so -- pretty good deal for the bull.

He will talk your arm off -- hehehehe

Terry

Alpha

i used Tycoon last year and from what i can tell you if N-Charge breeds like Tycoon witch i don't think he will i can see him adding more muscle. i would use him on your bigger cows that have alot of guts and need there fronts cleaned up.

TMJ Show Cattle

Why don't you think he will breed like Tycoon? Just curious. I do know this...Tycoon has thrown some pretty good calves so far. My daughters have a Tycoon heifer [June] that will turn some heads in the mainetainer class next spring.

Alpha

I'm just taking a shot but i think he will make some better calves.... N-Charge looks likes hes got more muscle the one thing that Tycoon maybe lacking... i think Tycoon will make some awesome show females just because he himself is so feminine... and N-Charge will make better show steers because he is a more masculent bull...

i just want to point out that the information i was given is that Tycoons mother is a full sister to N-chagres mother pretty much making them full Sib's in a way but not really ;)

showsteers61

Well ive been lucky to help doran for the last 4 years and have been around both the bulls alot.. They are out of the same flush i think but i know they are full sibs.. N-Charge is goin to make far better calves than tycoon in my opinion they will have alot more rib and fleshing ability than the tycoons although i would use him on a bigger cow..

CAB

I've heard alot of rumors about the bulls not being full sibs and think that they are out of 2 different cows that are very closely related. That being said, I am waiting to see the calves out of N Charge's clean flush-mate Shadow. I would rather use him if the calves look the part. JMO. Brent

Alpha

do you know where i can find a picture of this bull "Shadow"....i like the blood lines and i really like the idea of them being free

CAB

Here's an earlier pic of him. I think it was taken May 1st 09 by the owner. 14 months old weighing approximately 1260lbs.

Attachments

• #2.JPG
    #2.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 237

Alpha

so last week i gave Doran a call and set up a time to so see the bull yesterday. WOW what a stud he is. the word stout comes to mined when i think of him, he's got a big butt, smooth shoulders and alot of bulk in the middle. strong topped, plenty of heart girth, hair all over the place, sound and its all in a moderate package.

so i think that every one that is intersted in using the bull go and see him or give Doran a call or you can by into what every one keeps saying

oh ya and we got to see the new calf. looks alot like daddy but hes a smoke oh and came out of a char heifer 75 pounds

Doran will also take you out and show you N-Charges mother and grandmother

JFSC

Got to see the bull in Denver last year. Doran had just made it there, i think on friday evening. Didnt have him fitted, just in a pen, fixin to feed. Got to look him over and feel of him. he was as gentle as a cat and was all there. One of my favorite bulls at Denver. Bred a few cows to him. Cant wait to see what he throws.