Scary how true these are NOW

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cowboy

A few days ago, I recieved an e-mail from a long time friend in Missouri -- it contains actual quotes from Thomas Jefferson over 200 hundred years ago. Most of these are so true today -- how could he have ever known how close to home he would be forcasting us today -- go figure!

Below is the copy-pasted quotes -- just thought some of you might find these interesting to read -- Knabe will jump on some of these !

Merry Christmas every body -- most every one out there this year WILL have a white one hey??

Terry
----------------------------------------------------

Jefferson, in some cases could be called a prophet! 

When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as  Europe.
Thomas Jefferson

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world.
Thomas Jefferson

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson

Very Interesting Quote >>

In light of the present financial crisis, it's interesting to read what Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangero us to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'

knabe

it's worth noting that jefferson devised NO method of paying off war debt.

he was against the national bank which was started to do this by hamilton and washington and adams.

when jefferson died, he was over 100,000 in debt, and lived large on government money.

when adams died, his estate was valued at over 100,000 and lived small.

jefferson was great with words, but rarely followed through with them in action that mattered.  he was VERY well taken care of by the government.