Scotty, G Bob, OH B, D L,& others. Where were y'all in "57"?

Help Support Steer Planet:

ELBEE

I was reviewing some linage and noticed some striking similarities between Leader 21st and some of our old cow lines. Dug out the old herd book (smells a little musty) and found that my father purchased a bull from Theimans in "57" (TPS Coronet Max Leader 2nd) that was nearly a full sib to the 21st's sire (TPS Coronet Max Leader). That would explain why he didn't use the 21st that much, but did use Smallflower Leader 2nd and Kinnebar Leader 9, both descendants of the 21st. I remember those fine "Max" daughters, and how people thought they were way too big for the "60's".

I will try to post a photo of Smallflower taken around 1970.

Attachments

• Smallflower Leader 2nd.jpg
    Smallflower Leader 2nd.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 353

red

Great old picture Elbee!!!
Actually in 57 I wasn't born quite yet. 1958 is when ole Red made her apperance!
Thanks for sharing that w/ us!

Red (clapping)

DL

WOW! What is the frame score of this bull and what do you think he weighs? Your are right ELBEE, nice balls!Looks like he could breed a cow or two! 1957 - I was in BFLO in some grade school class - it sort of all melts together - I think the first coherent memory I have is 9th grade when I beat most of the boys in a mile race - sure did make me popular! Seems like ELBEE is the keeper of history! (cow)

ELBEE

I remember seeing him frequently at KABSU, and hearing them say he weighed 3000. My guess is he stood 60-62". I know he was at least 4" taller than the 21st.

red

Was he a deep red or more of a roanish color?
Massive bull!
What other treasures do you have hidden away? (welcome)

Red

red

(clapping)

I think Gary Bob is about beside himself w/ excitment on seeing the picture!

garybob

THAT is what I'm talkin' about!!!

By the way, Daddy didn't meet Mama until "68, and I was born on  Thanksgiving day in 1970.

DL

shorthorns r us said:
y'all are OLD!

Nope - you are just young SRU! But it doesn't change the way we feel about you  ;D ;D ;D

shortyjock89

My dad is only 40, and he acts like he's 80.  He won't use the computer at all. He doesnt even know how to print out registration forms.  Good thing im calf andcomputer savvy! haha.  Oh, and that is a beast of a bull..  We have some pics of cattle from waaaay back in the day and they are pretty neat to look at.  I'll coax dad to get out grandpa's pics one of these days and post them on here.

Gypsy

Nice SRU!  Your day will come sooner than you think! :eek:  I made my big entrance near the end of '57.

OH Breeder

That is a great picture. And, I was a one of those folks who always gets stiffed after Christmas or Yeah get the "re-gifted" presents. January 1970.  ;)

OH Breeder

Here's a few oldies......

Attachments

• Viilagers Coronet.jpg
    Viilagers Coronet.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 216
  • Lespedeza Sultan.jpg
    Lespedeza Sultan.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 194

Telos

Oh breeder, did they know how to do photo retouching in the good ole days or did they really look like that? Great pics.

In "57", was in kindergarden crying for Mommy to come and take me back home. Never liked school.

OH Breeder

Telos said:
Oh breeder, did they know how to do photo retouching in the good ole days or did they really look like that? Great pics.

In "57", was in kindergarden crying for Mommy to come and take me back home. Never liked school.
I have lots of old photos. Like to surf ebay for old stuff. Those are the real deal. I am with you sjc. I like the looks of them Easy feeding to the market at 1000#'s.They don't make like this anymore. Although,  I able to see a TPS Coronet Leader 21st Heifer this past weekend. She is asterick free and cool little gal. A gentleman I purchased semen from flushed with an amp of Leader 21st and got this heifer. Really cool made.

red

OH B after looking at the picture of Primo, I really like him too!
You guys are really giving me a good education on these bloodlines!
Yes, it really is 3:45 AM, bad night.

Red

garybob

The Bridgers Family in Batesville, here in the Natural State, have a Leader 21st son, and I hear he is so masculine, the steer jocks call him "SLOPPY".