SE IL / SW IN Jackpot Preview

Help Support Steer Planet:

SpotShowDad

Red Hill FFA Classic Steer and Heifer Show

Saturday March 12th 2011
Show Starts at 12:30 pm
IBA Points Sanctioned Show
Judge:  Garrett Helregel

Location: Lawrence County Jr. Fairgrounds Located between Bridgeport and Sumner IL on US Hwy 50

$350 Grand Champion Steer and Heifer
$250 Reserve Grand Steer and Heifer
Entry Fee $35/hd

Rules:
1.Exhibitors must be 8 yrs old and no older than 21 the day of show
2.Five head required to make a breed
3. Steers and Crossbred heifers will be weighed
4.Health Papers required. Registration Papers required on all Purebreds
5.Cattle may arrive starting Friday March 11th from 4-7 pm and must be on the grounds by 9 am Saturday March 12th
6.No outside bedding. Bedding will be provided.
7. No Artificial hair or Pumping
8. No alcohol allowed on the fairgrounds
9. The Red Hill FFA and the Lawrence County Fair are not responsible for accidents
For More Information or questions Contact:
Steven Clodfelter (618) 928-1022  Caitlyn Bowyer (618) 973-6138  Mark Bowyer (618) 972-7989

Attachments

• Red Hill FFA Classic 2011.pdf
    140.6 KB · Views: 264

SpotShowDad

Show Rite Feeds will be sponsoring the Grand Champion Steer. I have been informed that if the exhibitor can provide feed receipts showing the steer has been on Show Rite feed they will Double the winnings to $700!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpotShowDad

The Red Hill FFA Alumni will be serving concessions including breakfast and lunch!!! Sandwiches, soups, and taco in a bag for lunch!!!

SpotShowDad

There are 10 camper hook-ups at the fairgrounds that can be rented for $15 per night. Your best bet for hotels would be over at Olney IL about 12 or 13 miles west of the fairgrounds. There is a place called The Holidy that is pretty nice and affordable and there is a Super 8.

amss101

Anyone know if there is showmanship...I'm assuming no since it wasn't posted.

SpotShowDad

time-to-show said:
Anyone know if there is showmanship...I'm assuming no since it wasn't posted.

YES there is showmanship classes at this show

8-12 juniors
13-16 intermediate
17-21 senior

SpotShowDad

I would like to THANK everyone who participated, supported, volunteered, or otherwise had anything to do with this show. It takes a tremendous amount of effort from a lot of people to put something like this together. As a parent and volunteer of this FFA Chapter we were extremely pleased with the turn out of both numbers and quality. It is extremely gratifying to have the caliber of cattle that we have had support this show the last two years. We greatly appretiate the effort of Garrett Helregel in sorting this set of cattle. The kids of this FFA chapter put forth a tremendous amount of effort to bring this show to the area and I know they deserve a HUGE congratulations for succeeding in this venture. Having been involved in this "industry" for 30 yrs now, I realize you can not make everyone happy. However, no one, including myself or the young people of this FFA chapter should or will apologize for the success of this show.

I would especially like to thank the sponsors who graciously contribute the dollars that make this show possible. The generosity of these people make it possible for our young poeple to continue to participate in these activities so many of us have shared with our own families, and continue to share with future generations of young people.

Sincerely

Mark Bowyer

redhillag

I would like to reiterate Mark's message, thank you everyone who participated, supported, volunteered, helped with this show, this was a tremendous turnout. I think our judge did a good job, and the quality of cattle present it speaks volumes for the show industry in Southeastern Illinois.